Landable Aircraft Carriers

Pro Member Trainee
Toby Rekart (meco211) Trainee

Other than in the missions, are there landable Aircraft Carriers in FSX Acceleration. And do they have working cables to stop you? or do you have to download an addon? Thanks i am new to the game

Toby

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Both.
I know the one off San Diego has a hard deck and I think the one at San Francisco does also.
You can get some downloads that will work also.

http://www.fs-shipyards.org/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

do the cables work on that carrier in San F?, i had tried to land there last week and no luck stopping ( but that could be my landing ability too!)

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

buy Abacus`s flight deck 4 or 5 both are compatible with fsx and fs2004 and there are carries that you can land on with AI cables catapults etc.. with flight deck

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

These are the locations and schedules of the working (trap wires, meatball, catapult, etc...) Acceleration aircraft carriers

Quote from samusi01 at sim-outhouse.com

Honolulu (12 hour voyage)
Depart Pearl Sundays 1645, returns Mondays 0300 after running counterclockwise around Lanai, Maui and Molokai.
Depart Pearl Thursdays 0445, returns Thursdays about 1600, reverses previous route

Everett (KPAE) (33 hour voyage)
Departs Fridays 0715, Arrives San Francisco Saturdays 1800
Departs SFO Mondays at 1915, arrives Everett Wednesdays about 0630

San Francisco (18 hour voyage)
Departs SFO Saturdays 1730, arrives San Diego Sundays 1115
Departs SAN Wednesdays 0515, arrives SFO Wednesdays 2315

Quote from Razgr1z912

12:30 PM at Norfolk NS on FRIDAY.

I am making a scenery and a mission (single player and multi player varients) that has Acceleration carriers too. I expect to release my add ons in the 1st quarter of 2008 (it's going to be freeware).

Hope this helps

-Orion

Pro Member Trainee

thanks for the help, i will check out the carriers on the list

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

meco211 wrote:

do the cables work on that carrier in San F?, i had tried to land there last week and no luck stopping ( but that could be my landing ability too!)

I don't think they made it for landings, I don't remember any cables.
I just touched the deck and kept going, I was much to fast to land.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

The cables work on the carrier in SF, at least the one closest to the Golden Gate bridge, i was able to land on it, thanks for the help

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...