Strange sounds during takeoff roll

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Here's a small distraction from the earnest work of preparing our letters to Santa.Imagine,if you will, a small man(or woman) rattling a bucket of rusty spanners in your ear everytime you're on a take off roll. Such is the sound coming from my speakers from clearance to rotate.Even with the sound sliders to zero,he's still rattling away.Curiously,when I press Esc and the Resume/End//View window comes up,that hidious noise is still going.The same is true when the pause button is pressed.Does anyone know what is causing this, 'cause it's driving me mad!
I should point out that this problem is only occuring with what i call my "frankenstein" aircraft.You know....a panel here, a model there and textures and sounds wherever you can get 'em. So if anyone has any suggestions about how I might silence "Boris" I'd be most grateful.

regards

kevin

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it's just happening with that one aircraft then it's the sound file you used.
Try another, you can download some at avsim or simvation.
Specify "No little men please" in your search. 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Thanks Radarman.

It was with three aircraft actually.Dash-8/ATR/B727-200.However I made progress of sorts.By replacing component aircraft folders one at a time with folders from functioning aircraft,I can now confirm that the problem lied within the "panel" folder of each of the three planes.The Dash and the ATR use the same panel.I still have'nt a clue as to the cause unless there was something iffy 'bout the panel cfg's,so I decided the smart thing was to download some new panels and move on.

This I have done and guess what? Problem solved.

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself at the moment so I'm going to treat myself to a quantity of "Guinness" tonight and toast your health and happiness Radarman!

Cheers!

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 🍻 Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...