Automated Flying & Terrain detail questions

glen4cindy Guest

1st, I just registered, but, I wanted to ask a question before my account is activated.

I have 2 questions.

#1 Is there some way to completely automate a flight from the takeoff roll to the landing roll? I am interested in learing more about how to use all the controls, but, I would like to watch it being done first. I am interested in a short flight, like say, STL (where I live) to somewhere within 1 hour or so like ORD, or LIT, somewhere where I would not be watching level flight for hours on end.

#2 I have recently upgraded from FS98 to FS2004. In FS98, taking off from San Deigo Lindburgh field on Rwy 9 and then turning to 150 degrees you can see the Coronado Bay Bridge. I was recently on vacation there and it was wild that the bridge was actually there. Now, I tried the same takeoff sequence in FS2004 and the bridge is NOT there!!! That seems very strange to me that 2004 would NOT have terrain related things that 98 had. I have all the detail settings to MAX in 2004, and the bridge is just not there at all!

Thanks for the input everyone!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Wile E Coyote Guest

I don't really think that there is a "flight demonstration" in the simulator, but I do think that a flight can be "recorded" to a video file. In the simulator there is an option to record the flight. I haven't really checked, but it must be compiled into a file.
If you want to see a flight, just name the airports and the aircraft, and someone here will send you the file (or even me).

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

I took at look at the San Diego area and you are right! No bridge (which is very big and fun to drive over when I lived there). As for a flight demo, try the flying lessons with Rod. He will fly the plane and you get to watch. Try the flight tests also. Not as easy as you might think.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...