Takeoff

Pro Member Trainee
duarte Trainee

Can someone please tell me why some planes that i've downloaded cant seem to takeoff? I have to let them roll way past the runway before i can rotate. I am talking about 220 knots.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Check that the auto pilot is not switched on and check your trim wheel is set to about halfway(just below halfway trail and error)
Hope it helps

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Check your control sensitivities for one thing, and get an outside view of the plane so you can see what position the elevator is in. Some airplanes take a lot of up elevator input to be ready to rotate.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Idea You may find that very large (heavy) (Antonov AN-225) aircraft or poorly made AI craft cannot lift off because of either their construction, weight or most likely your video card, it may not be "good" enough or the drivers are old or corrupt.
Why don't you list your system specs especially your video card and what drivers your using.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=Root&DLID=35457

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

and be sure that your flaps are set to the appropiot position. (DEPENDS ON THE AIRCRAFT)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Make sure your trim is in the right position and is not all the way down. Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Don't fold the wings and try to take off with the wings folded. The aircraft just won't take off.

Note: Folded wings is not winglets.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Make sure the trim is set for T/O, AP is off,power is set cerrectly and flaps are set and make sure you are not over the max gross waight and the spoilers are retracted.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Ooh yea in the before T/O check you should make sure the flight contrals are free and cerrect (rudder,aileron etc)

Pro Member Trainee
FlorisGroeneveld Trainee

I also have that problem with a cargo plane, Its just that the panel is a 737 panel, but the plane haves 3 engines, and I think that panel only start 2 engines. One problem is that the ontonov I douwloaded, the payload is in the front. Noting in the middle. That makes it very hard to rotate.

//Floris

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...