Fine tuning Windows XP for FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
timohnani Trainee

Hey,

I've read that people start up their windows XP with as few services and programs as possible to make FS2004 work more efficiently. Can somebody tell me how to do this in practice?

Thanks

Timo

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Kurzer Trainee

I just hit CTL+ALT+Delete and stop all programs I'm not going to be using. A good general rule, if you don't know what it is... don't stop it's process 😉 Other than that, end program away! Usually when I get done cleaning I have: The clock, The sound controller and Windows itself running. Then I add what I want, i.e., Flight Deck III, FS Nav, Screenshots, AIBridge, etc.
Also, it's a good idea to shut down any firewalls or virus protection you've got running. In theory, a firewall won't hurt your FS experience but I've found I do get better frame rates with it shut down completely.

Cheers,

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Kurzer Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Try this program, it should do what you want.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Henning+Schaefer&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

I know what I'll be downloading when I get home...

Thanks for the link RadarMan!!

Pro Member Trainee
moreton Trainee

Try EndItAll - it's excellent.

Pro Member Trainee
timohnani Trainee

Great guys. Thanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...