Altimeter setting

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Is it possible to alter the altimeter display from 'inches of Hg' to millibars for a Cessna in FS2004?
If it is how is it done?

Simmy

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Simmy wrote:

Is it possible to alter the altimeter display from 'inches of Hg' to millibars for a Cessna in FS2004?
If it is how is it done?

Simmy

Go to Settings, International..., and change your Units of measure preferences.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's easy to set it back to default the way it was: U.S System.

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Thanks Tailhook.
It didn't work

Simmy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You can't select the actual setting scale on the altimeter to metric. By setting the program to the metric system in Settings, you can input the altimeter setting in millibars but only in the Weather section(User defined, advanced). The altimeter scale will move to the correct setting but will read in inches. An option would be to use a printed conversion scale.

See my previous post where a person had a similar problem.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/27907/altimeter-setting-mooney-bravo-ifr-panel/#172811

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Thanks CRJ Capt. Any idea where I might find a conversion chart.
I do have a CX-2 flight computer so I suppose I could use that.

Cheers
Simmy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Simmy wrote:

Thanks CRJ Capt. Any idea where I might find a conversion chart

Here's one but you may find a better one.
http://contrails.free.fr/article_inches_hg_en.php

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

CRJ Capt,

Many thanks. A great help

Simmy

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...