altimeter in 737?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

On the altimeter in the default 737 is an orange triangle on the outer part of the altimeter. There is also a knob that turns it. This is also an orange triangle. Does anyone one know what this is?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

it adjusts the pressure. Like when ATC tells you "Altimeter 29.92, You would turn the orange knob untill the numbers 2992 appear in the white boxes in the altimeter

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

As FEM states the "knob" on the left changes the pressure setting, the triangle moves the orange marker around the altimeter. "Why? This is used to set to remind you of an important passing height/altitude. On departure I set it to 1500ft AGL so when passing it reminds me of acceleration altitude (speed to 250kts flap retracted on schedule). On approach I set it to DA/DH acts as a backup or reminder that at x feet if not visual go around.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks! The orange knob was the one that I wanted to know about.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...