...saving YouTube clips

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I was wondering if anyone saves YouTube clips on their hard drives to replay them later 🤔

How do you do it?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I make a profile and save them that way if thats what you mean. You sign up and add make a playlist. At the bottom of the video youll see that you can make a playlist then add it to your account.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i have a few i have saved, i isolate them with firefox's "unplug" then save them with windows media. i used to save alot of them, but now i have used up 100+G of hard drive with divx movies, so i need the space

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No bawls I meant without having to open an account with YouTube.

cheezyflier I'm using the 'UnPlug' extension but it saves it as .flv -- how do you save them with windows media?

...any one else who uses IE?

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I use my tv card (pci slot) which can record anything on your screen straight into your hard drive.

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

You can use a website called www.vixy.net

Just put the URL of the Youtube clip and it converts it to .AVI or .MPEG or whatever you want it to be and you can download it. I've used it a couple of times, works fine. =)

Pro Member First Officer

when i get the url of where the media is, i open my windows media player, and click

file>open url and then i paste it in there. as soon as it starts to play i do a "save as"

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've tried the vixy.net for two days in a row, no results.

The Windows Media Player is a MONSTER Fear I can't even find the 'File Menu'.

All those methods seem to be either too complicated or time consuming for most users.

Never mind, I was basically just trying to find out what everlasting impressions YouTube clips leave.

Thank you all

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Are you serious Cheez ❓ ❗ ❓ ❗ I've been trying to find out hoe to open the file menu for almoat a year now. Thank's alot for the tip. 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

walesdragon wrote:

You can use a website called www.vixy.net

Just put the URL of the Youtube clip and it converts it to .AVI or .MPEG or whatever you want it to be and you can download it. I've used it a couple of times, works fine. =)

if any of you guys have a psp this is a great site to convert vids cuz i use this site for youtube vids on my psp

Pro Member First Officer

VegasFlyer wrote:

Are you serious Cheez ❓ ❗ ❓ ❗ I've been trying to find out hoe to open the file menu for almoat a year now. Thank's alot for the tip. 😀 😀 😀 😀

i was pretty peed off when my media player updated to this version and i couldn't find the pull-down menu either. a buddy of mine tipped me off after he heard me complaining about it. hahahaaha

😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...