Saving Settings??

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Couple of days since upgrading from FS9 and I'm rattled by a few things:

The latest is saving display settings. So far every time I start the program or a new flight, my display/graphics/realism etc settings are all gone.

What's up with that? I've tried saving to .CFG file as prompted (something that was unnecessary in FS9) but that seems to be meaningless as loading a saved config seems to have no actual effect on settings. Also as far as I can tell, the display settings screen is only accessible from in-flight.

Also...when i hit the space bar to return my view to centered/forward , it works maybe once in ten attempts...

Menu bar: it seems to take about 3 mouseclicks to make the menu bar disappear in full-screen mode. Is there a shortcut?

See also my post re. ATC/speaker cutoff

Im using the "Gold" version, which was recommended for Windows 7

Any help or links to ironing out newbie bugs appreciated.

So far I'm underwhelmed.... 😕

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should show you how to save settings.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/fsx_settings_config.htm

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

Hi Radar, Does the save button apply to the other settings, specifically 'controls'? I'm having a problem of having my controls flipping back and forth b/w my CH yoke and my Saitek Quadrant. (Didn't have this problem before on my old computer). Thanx!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you can't save the settings the regular way try this.

http://www.saitekusa.com/down/drivers.php

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Brook wrote:

Menu bar: it seems to take about 3 mouseclicks to make the menu bar disappear in full-screen mode. Is there a shortcut?

...if I understand you correctly: Hold down the Alt key until the menu bar disappears - takes about 2 -3 seconds.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...