fsx: I need help with my instrument checkride!

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

Everyone has the same problem. After they cross PARKK intersection, they have trouble entering the holding pattern. I got loads of information from all around the forums here and every single solitary one is in some way somewhat different. I actually passed through the holding pattern and I entered correctly, with a teardrop entry, but then the examiner said that I failed because I did not turn left to cross the Seattle VOR. Whats that supposed to mean, especially if I crossed the VOR correctly! Can anybody help???? ❓

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This may help, it was written about the check ride in Flight Simulator 2004 but should still be applicable to FSX.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11303/need-help-on-instrument-checkride/#68782

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

Thanks, that helps. Yet, I'm still expieriencing the same problem. I know that I really deserve to pass and should have, so, I ditched the checkride and moved on to commercial. Any other help is appreciated. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer
Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

It helps a bit. Actually, that was the very first post I saw. I have another problem though. The instrument checkride should seriously be classified as impossible. I just cant do it. I think that if there wasn't a bug, I would have passed three years ago when I bought fs2004. Fsx is better though. Anyway, I started my commercial checkride. Things are awesome, I'm perfect, I don't exceed any tolerances, yet, as soon as I touch down at Harvey Field, I touch down perfectly on the runway and I don't go off of it. I come down nice, easily and slow, but every time, even when I used fs2004, It fails me when I touch down because It says I crashed! 😕 Does anybody know why and can you please help me to get by?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The only thing that I can think of is to check that you are not landing too far down the runway, that you're near the centerline and that your speed is correct. Just a soft touchdown is not an accurate indication of a good landing.

I can't be of much help, I did the private check ride years ago in FS9 when I first got the program but I haven't done the other check rides. They have many glitches so don't get all worried about them. It's only an very rough approximation of the real thing and passing them or failing them has no effect on anything in the program.

Maybe someone who actually flies the check rides will chime in with some advise.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...