Head movement on aircrafts?

Pro Member Trainee
Josue (90josue03) Trainee

Hello!

I'm pretty sure you guys know about The Mudry CAP-10B Aerobatic aircraft. And if you have used it then you know that it comes withe a pre-made head movement simulation.

I was just wondering, and this goes mostly to all programmers, if there is anyway you can somehow make the same adjustments on any aircraft's files so that it has this head movement as well?

I just thought it would be so awesome if you could have this nice effect on all large jets small, medium props etc...

I don't know much about programming and making this stuff work, but maybe some of you do 🙂

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

What you are referring to is 'head latency'.

The Mudry Cap like products from RealAir and a few others have the movement in the model, so when you pull on the stick the aircraft is animated to actually move in a certain direction, not just limited to control surfaces. Clever isn't it?

Active Camera from Anticyclone mimics this and can be used in any VC by actually adjusting the view position. It's probably more realistic because the scenery will be moving as well.

Pro Member Trainee

hinch wrote:

What you are referring to is 'head latency'.

The Mudry Cap like products from RealAir and a few others have the movement in the model, so when you pull on the stick the aircraft is animated to actually move in a certain direction, not just limited to control surfaces. Clever isn't it?

Active Camera from Anticyclone mimics this and can be used in any VC by actually adjusting the view position. It's probably more realistic because the scenery will be moving as well.

I really have no clue what you just said 🙂

But my idea was to simply put the same head movement that the Mudry has in other if not all aircrafts.

I have products from real air and they don't have this head movement like the Mudry does, some have better dynamics than others, but still no head movement.

I just thought it would be kind of nice to have that same feeling adjusted to the rest of aircrafts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

OK I'll simplify.

Active Camera simulates g-forces making your virtual head move. It is for use in any virtual cockpit.

http://www.anticyclone.be/

Better?

Pro Member Trainee

hinch wrote:

OK I'll simplify.

Active Camera simulates g-forces making your virtual head move. It is for use in any virtual cockpit.

http://www.anticyclone.be/

Better?

Yea 🙂

I was thinking something that would be free, I already knew about active camera, but again, it costs money. I thought someone could just take the same effects that come with that Mudry and apply them on any other aircraft. I guess no one can really do that!!

thanks for the info tho 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Look at it this way:

It's not simply a case of adding an effect and then editing the .cfg file. Look at your default b737_400 as an example.
As you probably know, you can pretty much edit anything in that folder with the exception of the .air file and the .mdl file (inside the 'model' folder).
In order to edit either of those two, you need the appropriate utility/program and we mere mortals are not encouraged to do this.
The 'Head-Movement' you're inquiring about is part of the .mdl file.

NOTE: Don't confuse the .mdl file with the model.cfg file.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...