Pucker Factor Takeoff

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

I think I have a handle on this image/video thing! Please give feedback so I can really get it right. I did notice that the frame rates were off (a little jerky).

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii82/waj2306/?action=view&current=fs92008-02-1201-06-14-12.flv

Also...is my Signature too large. I set it at 404X240. If it looks too big, please let me know.

Tailhook and others helped me get a good grasp on this endeavor.

Thanks and Enjoy (Ihope)

Bill

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

For a first time effort I like this a lot. I think it was a good idea not to use those puffy default clouds especially in that location ie. French Alps.
Unfortunately this clip is too short to allow for much criticism.

This short scene IMO lends itself to a method they use in movies a lot, you know the same take from different angles looped together... for example, start the way you did, then use an angle from about 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock, next an angle head on (12 o'clock) and finally an angle from 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock depending on where the sun is.
Not necessarily in that order of course -- just a suggestion. If you need advice with the positioning of the camera, I'm sure other members who have already made their own vids and perhaps some of the guys who spoil us with their great screenies will be able to help you.

The frame rate jerkiness is hardly noticeable. If you do wanna try to iron this out, for an experiment set your FPS to 'unlimited' in the sim's settings. A tip a friend gave me, it works wonders in my case as I have an inferior graphics card.

Now all I have to figure out is how you managed to clear those trees... Hack

Umm... ...does this aircraft have STOL capabilities Sir? 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Awesome work there! I tried it in an A319 and I went kersplat!

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

lol try it with an airbus380!!! 😂

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook,
Thanks for the info on video taping. I'm trying it as we speak. Takes some getting used to!
As for clearing the trees: Pull the stick back hard. My lifes moto has been "Iwin, you lose".

Belgeode,
As close as I can figure it, the A318 has less thrust to weight ratio as compaired to the 747SP. With your comment, I have desided to reacerch this. Being retired, I have the time.

Ban09,
I will try it! What a challenge. Standby for round two in the near future!

Thanks to all of you for your comments and asistance.

Bill

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Awesome work there! I tried it in an A319 and I went kersplat!

If memory serves, that a/c has one of those sensors in the tail section that prevent over rotating and thus tailstrike... I wonder if that's actually modelled in your a/c... I will try one of mine as well. Wish me luck 😳

As for clearing the trees: Pull the stick back hard.

Despite emptying the fuel tanks, payload to zero in the 747SP I ended up in the trees three times. Mind you, in an effort to avoid tailstrike I never pulled 'the stick back hard' -- gonna try that. 😁

Pro Member First Officer

Never had a tail strike. I am going to try the takeoff with the PROSKY next. I have this feeling it may be due to different A/C design. Each time I took off, I looked carefully for tail strike.

Here is a curiosity I found last night: I use AFX to adjust/fix the Start Point back approximaely 50 feet. When I saved it, the trees at the end of the runway disappeared . I DID NOT use EZ- Scenery at all! The Video you see is prior to the start position adjustment. I am looking into that also.

What I thought I saw, with FULL flaps, was that at about 1000 feet rollout, the AC seemed to lift a small bit. Now, my eyes may have been playing tricks on me due to the consentration factor.

I would like to send you the 747SP that I used, for you to try. Just let me know how to best send it to you.

I downloaded an A380 Air France to try soon!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

waj2306 wrote:

What I thought I saw, with FULL flaps, was that at about 1000 feet rollout, the AC seemed to lift a small bit.

That sounds as though the repainter might have made changes to the FD as well.

I would like to send you the 747SP that I used, for you to try. Just let me know how to best send it to you.

You've mentioned in one of your posts which one it is, just can't find it now -- if I know the name of the livery, I can just download it from a library. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook,

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=MYTHBUSTERS&CatID=fs2004ac&Go=Search

The .jpg on AVSIM shows a dual panel setup, but it is the whole A/C.

Bill

(I used my default 747 panel because I have not gotten into their panel to tweak it.)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the link, what a difference! Obviously the flight dynamics have been changed. If I go into Fuel and Payload I notice that the center of gravity indicator is in a different place when compared to the 'unadulterated' 747SP.
Like you I noticed the wheels lifting off while the nose wheel still touches the ground. But... I did clear the trees 😁 ...not in the Dash-7 though, I tried that as well 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...