Flight Deck III

Pro Member Trainee
erboothe Trainee

I have recently added Abacus Flight Deck III to my computer, and after several hundred attempts, have not made a successful landing on the carrier. The F/A-18 is stable until I get on short final, and then starts pitching left and right making a landing almost impossible. On the rare occasions that I make a good landing, the tail hook does not engage the arrestor cable and I roll off the deck at the end of the ship. I manually deploy the tailhook on final. I am running an emachines computer with 1.5G ram, Celeron 2.67G processor, 60G hard drive, and Verto GeForce FX 5200 graphics card. Does anyone have any idea why the aircraft becomes so unstable just before touching down on the carrier??

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I own FD2 which NEVER worked, didn't bother with FD3 and now own FD4 and FD5 both of which work flawlessly. Flawlessly where the carriers are concerned. I must say I was never too impressed with the FD aircraft and don't use them on principle.
I use 3rd party a/c for my COPS exclusively.

My suggestion is to try the WWII Vought Corsair prop. Obviously it's much slower - I use it a lot. If this a/c works with FD3, you can get other modern combat a/c for your COPS.
For the Corsair you need the base file:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=corsairf4u7.zip&Author=&CatID=root

and the fix:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=cof4ufix.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Beautiful aircraft!! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
erboothe Trainee

[quote="Tailhook"]I own FD2 which NEVER worked, didn't bother with FD3 and now own FD4 and FD5 both of which work flawlessly.

Thanks for the info. I will check out FD4 and FD5. I like the program overall, but have had several problems with it that I contributed to my computer. So maybe it's the program. I'll check it out. I find landing on a carrier to be challenging, but wouldn't want to do it for a living, especially in bad weather.

Ed Boothe
Brownsville, TX

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...