Problem with VIEW\Instrument Pannel Problem..

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Hey all,

I'm having a problem getting anything to show up from the View\instrument panels menu in all my aircraft, (ie add-ons and default).

When I select for example GPS it flickers for a second then nothing. some aircraft I can't get the Cockpit to show up as well.

Should I delete the fsx.cfg file or should I remove any of my add-ons? The last add-on I added was the UH-60 Blackhawk (fsxuh-60blackhawk.zip) from flightsim.com.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I would try both - separately. First the fsx.cfg, if that doesn't fix it, get rid of the UH-60 Blackhawk. If it still doesn't work, delete the fsx.cfg again and delete the folder in your 'My Documents' where all your saved flights are stored.

If you still have that problem, retrace your steps by re-opening the fsxuh-60blackhawk.zip and looking for the gauges -- make sure you take all of those gauges out of your sim and delete the fsx.cfg again.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

I would try both - separately. First the fsx.cfg, if that doesn't fix it, get rid of the UH-60 Blackhawk. If it still doesn't work, delete the fsx.cfg again and delete the folder in your 'My Documents' where all your saved flights are stored.

If you still have that problem, retrace your steps by re-opening the fsxuh-60blackhawk.zip and looking for the gauges -- make sure you take all of those gauges out of your sim and delete the fsx.cfg again.

Do I need to move the gauges out of the zip file into the FSX gauges folder or should I keep it within Blackhawk sub-directories? The Readme.txt file doesn't say much at all.

Edit: I just deleted the FSX.CFG and the submenus came back. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

n7xlq1,

If you know when you installed the addons just go back to that date and do a system restore as to the point that you know when FS worked correctly. Jusy my .02.

Tailhook, there is no such thing as a X Marine, unless of course they were dishonorably discharged.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

edr1073 wrote:

n7xlq1,

If you know when you installed the addons just go back to that date and do a system restore as to the point that you know when FS worked correctly. Jusy my .02.

Tailhook, there is no such thing as a X Marine, unless of course they were dishonorably discharged.

I see you missed my Edit line eh?

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

n7xlq1,

Yes I did miss it? HMM, I am usually sharper than this. I wonder how deleting the CFG can fix it? Is it becasue you have add ons maybe?

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

edr1073 wrote:

n7xlq1,

Yes I did miss it? HMM, I am usually sharper than this. I wonder how deleting the CFG can fix it? Is it becasue you have add ons maybe?

Ah yeah.. I did mentioned I did have add-ons.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...