Cockpit view takes up the whole screen

Dave Schwartz Guest

I just started using FSX today. Last time I flight simmed, it was with FS 2004 or something like that. I noticed right away that when I was in cockpit view, the instrument panel took up nearly 80% of my screen and I couldn't see over the top. When I switched to virtual cockpit, I could see out the window, but couldn't see the instrument panel without panning down. Both of these are not acceptable to me. The previous versions allowed me to treat the instrument panel as though it were an independent window and drag the top boarder down until I achieved a decent compromise between seeing the instruments and seeing out the window. I can't seem to do this with FSX. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download and print this out, it should help you with keyboard commands.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

Radar

Bob LaMontagne Guest

I real world flying you are hardly ever looking at both the outside world and the instruments simultaneously. That is why I prefer the VC cockpit. When I want the outside view emphasized - that is where I look. I don't need to simultaneously see the instruments. Likewise, if I need certain information from the instruments - that is where my focus is. The trick to flying a sim smoothly and effortlessly is the same as in the real world - trim the airplane. Then when you are gazing out the window at passing scenery or looking for other aircraft, you can be confident that the plane is doing what it's supposed to be doing.

GaryH Guest

Try using "Shift-Backspace"

Pro Member Trainee
plugnickel58 Trainee

Depends on the aircraft Some of the smaller private planes, you can see fine, Also in 2D you can push the "W" button,

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...