Greg737 Sounds

Pro Member Trainee
swanno30 Trainee

Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed the above and when I boot it up everything is there, I get the buttons, the announcements, all gauges are up and running.

Start to taxi and when I flick between the different views the sound just crashes on me for no apparant reason. This has now left me with no 737 to fly (unless I go back to the default one). The sound is fine when I fly any other aircraft, props, jets etc, it only affects the 737.

Anybody else had this problem and know how to resolve? If it's a dodgy sound file then how to I find and fix it?

The only thing I haven't done is change the FSSound.dll to stop the warning coming on at boot-up. That is I do get the warning and just hit 'Yes' to continue into the game. Maybe that is the problem??

Any help would be appreciated, think the added announements are an excellent addition.

Cheers

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I had a similar problem after I installed the greg737 panel.

My fix was to go into DX9 and change sound properties to 'Basic' acceleration.
That solved the problem for me with no noticeable deterioration in sound effects.

Good luck.

Pro Member Trainee
swanno30 Trainee

Thanks for the tip Michael, that does work albeit with the odd snap crackle and pop now and again. As you said there doesn't seem to be any degradation in performance but I only did a short flight to test it out (beforehand I couldn't even get off the ground!!!)...

Still puzzled as to why it's happened but got me 737 back.

Thanks again.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

glad it helped, you might fine tune it a bit with the sound quality settings in the simulator. I think I had to do that as well when I installed the greg.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Am I wrong or was it necessary to change the sound dll in notepad and then add it to the others in the list in the sound folder for the Greg737 to work properly? Somehow I recall doing that. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...