Greetings

Pro Member Trainee
Ron (golmax) Trainee

Hello everyone,

My name is Ron, I go by Golmax in the online world. I'm a dad of 2 young kids i work full time and then some and i love to play games. Ive played all types of games from First person shooter, massive multiplayer online, and racing games. I bought flight sim x and did most the missions but was displeased with the performance of my pc. Recently i ordered flight sim 2004 and im very pleased with performance now but i miss the locked chase view and the missions also. I joined this forum/site to get involved with a group maby and learn more about flying and expanding the game. Im a pretty decent bush flyer meaning i dont crash much lol and im kinda lost on the whole navigation and radio comm. I usually grab my Rand Mcnalli atlas and choose somewhere to go fly and see some scenery. I have not flown online yet but im not sure what its all about yet. Im into the helicopters for scenic flights and jets for some adrenaline pumping speed, not big jets, military jets.

Well im off to download some planes and hopefully i can find somewhere to download that locked chase view.

Take care, Golmax

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

golmax wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Ron, I go by Golmax in the online world. I'm a dad of 2 young kids i work full time and then some and i love to play games. Ive played all types of games from First person shooter, massive multiplayer online, and racing games. I bought flight sim x and did most the missions but was displeased with the performance of my pc. Recently i ordered flight sim 2004 and im very pleased with performance now but i miss the locked chase view and the missions also. I joined this forum/site to get involved with a group maby and learn more about flying and expanding the game. Im a pretty decent bush flyer meaning i dont crash much lol and im kinda lost on the whole navigation and radio comm. I usually grab my Rand Mcnalli atlas and choose somewhere to go fly and see some scenery. I have not flown online yet but im not sure what its all about yet. Im into the helicopters for scenic flights and jets for some adrenaline pumping speed, not big jets, military jets.

Well im off to download some planes and hopefully i can find somewhere to download that locked chase view.

Take care, Golmax

Welcome to the forums Golmax!
You will get all your FS help right here without a doubt 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

golmax wrote:

Im into the helicopters for scenic flights and jets for some adrenaline pumping speed, not big jets, military jets.

Take care, Golmax

Welcome golmax 🍻

You have friends here if you like helicopters and mil jets. Obviously we're not getting our hot meals served by the pretty trolley dollies inside our boring AP dominated cockpits. But have you ever seen any of those good looking women chasing those 'bus drivers' once they're out of the cockpit?
It's a different story with us REAL pilots -- we look good and are ever so desirable...

Now seriously, if you're after first class freeware helis, your first stop should be www.hovercontrol.com period.
Good mil jets are available all over the place, let us know what you're after and we'll point you in the right direction. (Just avoid the Flyaway file library as too many duds are being uploaded and nobody checks them out).

Not sure what you mean by 'that locked chase view.' Regardless of which a/c I'm flying, I open the additional small window for spot or chase view -- it's really the same thing as you can toggle the view with your NumPad keys.
In panel view prior to take off I hit Ctrl+W which adds the little window in the top left corner of my screen, I resize it by dragging the corners (make it really small) and then drag it to some place where it won't obstruct my view, usually top right corner.
Clicking on the little window, activates the little window. Clicking on the big window, preferably somewhere above the panel will activate the big window. You'll here a difference in the sound depending on which window you've just activated.
When the little window is activated, you still have full control of your a/c and can see all your instruments. If now you hit the 'W' key, you see the outside of the a/c. You can change the angle by using your NumPad keys or the hat switch on your flight stick. Hit the 'W' again and your back in the cockpit.

Let us know how you're getting on with your quest for those great aircraft.

Pro Member Trainee
Ron (golmax) Trainee

thanks ya'll ill check out thos likns. I tried the small view in the corner also and it worked well thanks again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Vegas another image theft 😳 😂

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Welcome to the forums golmax 😀 glad to see Tailhook has solved your problems, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask 😀 !

Pro Member Trainee
Ron (golmax) Trainee

where would be a good place to download decent military aircraft? i dont have a problem paying a little for a decent download

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What exactly are you after?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway golmax.👍

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Its O.K.

Here

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Razgr1z912m I hope you'll be here to offer your services, patience and time when golmax starts running into real trouble with all the duds he's bound to get from Here

Honestly, I wouldn't do this to my worst enemy
Read his post again, he uses the word decent not only once but twice Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Just borrowing! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

Just borrowing! 😉

😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...