Lee198 First Officer

Oh, dear. this is terrible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7321589.stm

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Oh dear.

There seems to be a lot of Cessna crashes lately.

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

It happened about 8 miles from where I live. Biggin Hill's not far away at all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

That is tragic....

Pro Member Trainee
were-rabbit Trainee

There is just nothing to say about something that sad 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Indeed sad. My guess with the crash was poor maintenence on the 2 PW engines, but all I know is something went wrong with the engines because the pilot mentioned "severe engine vibrations"
Very sad 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Hi Cheeks,

The worst thing about the crash is that the engine problem happened on takeoff, so the high angle of attack, low speed and low altitude meant that there was no way anyone could recover the aircraft sufficiently to glide it to a relatively safe landing. How do you recover from a stall at just a couple of hundred feet? Terrifying.

Apparently the pilot managed to avoid a playing field full of soccer players, which in itsself is one hell of an achievement. It's just such a shame that, having done all he could to avoid hurting other people, the poor guy, his co-pilot and their passengers died.

I also feel for the poor family that, despite being away on holiday and therefore unhurt, lost their house in the crash. I really don't know how I'd cope with such an event.

I know Biggin Hill and Farnborough very well and something like this just seems so alien. They're lovely, peaceful, safe-feeling places and this whole thing must have shaken the people there to the core.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...