Bell 206 trim issues

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Hi, just curious about the trim on the 206, I'm guessing there is none. I'm having a heck of a time keeping it flying in a straight line and in balance, ie: straight and level. It keeps turning slightly and wanting constant rudder input. As well it seems to require constant forward pressure on the stick, which I'm guessing is poor control of the collective??? Any whirlybird types out there care to help out a guy??? Before I added the CH rudder pedals, I could simply dial in a little rudder trim on the yoke and it flew nice and straight. It's not a controller question as near as I can tell, as everything is calibrated and works fine for fixed wing A/C.
🙄

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Hi!

Unfortunately, there's no trim on a helo. They are very intensive on control input.
The amount of rudder you need to apply will vary with how much collective you have set and the aircraft will need constant pressure on the stick, as that's how it maintains forward momentum.
It's all a case of balancing everything to achieve straight & level flight. It's real seat of the pants flying!
Bit of a challenge, ain't it?! 😀

Best of luck,

Lee

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Kinda sucks actually.... I am a real world stick and rudder pilot flying a 7ECA citabria which is as are most aerobatic aircraft input sensitive. I have to admit my real world bird does tend to stay in trim and does not need constant rudder to fly straight. As for the Sim Bell it is tiring and difficult to maintain the slight torque pedal input required to get it to fly somewhat straight. I can't image trying to fly this non auto pilot A/C for any real distance. I know real fling wings do have trim or at least a friction lock to aid in flight. I've always loved the 206, but in sim it is dissapointing to say the least.
Makes me glad I went with fixed wing... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

I agree with you- they are tiring! If you have Acceleration, try the Merlin. It's a big, fast, heavy helo and doesn't like to slow down quickly, but in forward flight is very like a fixed wing and lovely to fly.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...