air france 296

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_296

<made it on a higher quality by doing &fmt=18

the pilot claims he was trying to throttle up at that last moment and he forgot that the engines dont respond faster than prop aircraft

also this was a commercial flight and it was flown by a computer until the pilot realized right before he hit the trees

it doesnt make sense taht the president of the flying club hosting the airshow was charged with manslaughter

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

why waste time correcting my spelling?

its not like im pounding on my keyboard like this

kl;sdgjwgjkeghjzxhjgfuksdgfasduogfadio;ufdaiu;gukcthefl;hkasdgl'khASDF

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Just a question on why you posted this. Did you just see this video or hear about it? It is still a very interesting story everytime I hear about it.

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

If I remember rightly, this was due to a problem with the then new fly by wire system.
TOGA mode on the Airbus is triggered by a sharp pull back on the sidestick, giving the engines the command to go to full power without the need to touch the throttle controls, but each pilot can override the other's stick with the press of a button on the same.
If I'm right, both pilots were trying to take action, but were both overriding each other's control inputs.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

bawls327 wrote:

Just a question on why you posted this. Did you just see this video or hear about it? It is still a very interesting story everytime I hear about it.

no iv known about it for a long time i just i just didnt notice any posts about it

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...