Changing current location and aircraft in free flight screen

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I am missing it somewhere, but I cannot seem to figure out how to change the current location or current aircraft in the free flight screen. Where do I look to make the changes, if I can? I would like to add that what I want to change is the default location and aircraft, so when I open this location, my home airport and favorite airplane are already there.

Thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Hi, fasteddie60!

When you spawn at the airport, press ALT. This will give you a toolbar at the top of the screen that enables you to adjust anything, aircraft, location, weather, etc.

Lee

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thank you, Lee 198 I will give that one a shot. This is a great forum.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Hello Lee198,
Forgive me, maybe I didn't understand. I am aware of the changes I can make, but I am still wondering how I can be sure the aircraft and airport that I have chosen will be a default when I open up FSX, again, later and go to Free Flight. Currently it just shows the same plane and airport every time I open FSX. Do I have to save my last flight to ensure it comes up with the airport and airplane I had flown as a default?

Thanks, again for your help.

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

HI you need to save the flight, in the save menu there is a little box you need to tick that say saved as default flight.
Then every time you start FSX your plane and location will be there in the free flight menu.

Pete

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Llian, I will do that.

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Sorry I didn't get back earlier, but just as Llain said!

Sometimes FS will remember where you wanted to be, but won't remember what aircraft you wanted.

Happy flying!

Lee

Pacau02 Guest

And now I'm having problem when I click in current location, to change the airport, does't happens anything. Maybe I need to reinstall my flight, but someonte had this problem and fix it?

Thank you!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...