Majorly confusing internet issue

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Last night both of my computer's internet connections failed, within seconds of each other. One is a hardwired desktop and the other is a wireless laptop. My parents computers, a hardwired Mac and two wireless laptops, still work fine. Reseting the Modem didn't work, nor did reseting our Linksys WRT350N router.

My desktop is running XP SP2 with a static IP of 192.168.1.136
My laptop is running Vista Business with a static IP of 192.168.1.137

Seting the computers to use an automatically assigned IP didn't work.

Both my computers can connect to and access the router with no problem. I don't want to change any of the router's settings without knowing what they do.

I've heard other people complain about this issue, and smoe others have suggested the prolem has to do with DHCP.

Can anyone help me figure this out? If I need to provide extra info, just let me know.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Problem solved. What did I do? Absolutely nothing. My internet just started working again.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Modern technology is a wonderful thing, isn't it? 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Welshflyer wrote:

🙄

I just don't understand how it can fail on two of five computers simultaneously and then come back the same way.

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

Vanya wrote:

Problem solved. What did I do? Absolutely nothing. My internet just started working again.

That's weird. Normally, I restart the router cause my Mac laptop crashes it, but if restarting doesn't work, doing nothing does???

(odd)

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

It certainly is Welsh! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Sounds like it was your ISP not your equipment. You sure you paid your bill?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...