Taxi to the Gate, wait, nevermind!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So I don't know if any of you have had this issue before, but after completing an IFR flight into ORD, I get the ground handoff, tune to it, and then have no option for taxi-to-the-gates! I get one request for taxi for takeoff, under which is "taxi to parking" which simply leads me back to the taxi for take off menu. Is there a remedy for this? Am I being impatient in the tuning and confusing the computer?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

what airport is ORD out of curiosity

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

ORD is Chicago O'Hare. I hope you can answer his question know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Do you have a traffic add on?Is it set to high volume?
If you do it may be there is nowhere to park
Try addig parking with Afcad2

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for the advice. I do use UT, but only set to around 70%. I've found that it's been happening a lot more in other airports too. So is this something that could be remedied by just sitting around and waiting for a gate to open up? Obviously that would be unreasonable for a midnight to 1am flight like I took last night, but for a daytime one during high-traffic hours?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Chicago O'Haire...I've never had a problem with that one. Do you wait untill after you taxi off the runway before you contact ATC? Because if you jump the gun and contact too fast, all you'll get is taxi to parking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 O'Hare is a big busy airport
I have Traffic04 and I was having the same problem

I found these

You will need the Afcad2 program to install them(from the same site)but it will give you a much more realistic parking layout(a lot of them are based on the real parking plans)

Hope it helps

Pro Member Captain

Thanks guys, I jumped the gun. I was only half over the solid lines blocking off the runway when I contact ground. Thank you!

Pro Member Chief Captain

so it's all better then?

Pro Member Captain

Yes, I'm far more patient now!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Patience helps everyone!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...