Fuel

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Is there anyway you can drop your fuel tanks? I heard you can do this in real life, but I'm not sure Geek

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you mean dump your fuel you can do that by hitting the "Alt" key and choosing from the toolbar.
If you mean jettisoning the tanks of an airliner, I never heard of that. Wait for FEM or one of the pilots IRL.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

As far as I know, there's no way to dump fuel tanks. First thing I though i'd point out is that in the airliners, the tanks are IN the aircraft. If you wanna simulate it sorta...go into the Controls, then the Assignments tab. There should be a command called "Remove Fuel Quantity" I THINK there is one...Assign that to a button command, and dump some gas. Problem is, I think you dump around 15% each time, so it's easier to just hit ALT, and do it from the fuel tab.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

A couple of add-ons have "fuel dump" or jettison features. 747 Ready For Pushback has this capability as does Legendary 727. They feature controls to do this in some of the pop up panels but I've never actually tried it so I don't know if it actually shows the Fuel dumping, or whether it just does the "Remove Fuel Quantity" action that FEM mentioned.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...