Multiplayer CFS3

KevDsn Guest

I was about to buy combat flight simulator 3, but my main interest in online multiplayer gaming. I have searched the zone (www.zone.com) which is usally where i fly online with FS9 but cant find a combat flight sim 3 server (or section) only combat flight sim 2, can anyone tell me where to find online games for Combat flight sim 3

Many thanks

Kev

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go down the list on the left and you'll see it.

http://zone.msn.com/en/root/cdrom.htm

I don't have the game but I have heard that CFS2 is better than CFS3.
Check around before you buy it.

Radar

[DSB] Crazy-Canuck Guest

Where do I go to find online flight sim play for free or to join a clan? I have a number of flight sims and would like to play cfs2 or cfs3 on line.
Please help confused in Canada! 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try the link (Zone) above, it belongs to MS and is free.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
tootpie Trainee

Can ms combat3 be multiplayered between two computers not online? I networked two of mine and FSim2004 works but can't get combat3. All I can do is internet play. I like to shoot down my Grandkids but when there here at the house we can't multiplay. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

OldCrow Guest

I acnnot hear OTHER players plane's engines while I HOST a game. Everything is fine when I join another game, this occurs ONLY when I host! Can anyone tell WTH is wrong?

308th stinky Guest

There arent much places to go besides the stock online Multiplayer. The zone Has only cfs2, i looked at the list. If you want a squad ask me at squadrem308@yahoo.com, ill hook you up and you can fly with us.

308th_Awesome Guest

Uhm, CFS3 is much better than 2. 😎

308th_Awesome wrote:

Uhm, CFS3 is much better than 2. 😎

If by "much better" you mean "much more resource intensive, buggy, crash-prone and difficult to tweak" - then yes, you are right. CFS3 is all of these.

308th_Awesome Guest

Nope, CFS3 is much easier to tweak, and once tweaked properly, will run without buggy action. CFS2 is also resorce intensive, it just depends on your system. 😉

Awesome

Guest Guest

Athlon64 3200+ Winchester
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
1GB RAM 2-2-2-5 1T
MSI 6600GT video
Audigy 2 sound
XP SP2
Everything running stock speeds

CFS3 is buggy for me. I am lucky if I can get through one mission without the video/sound glitching or the whole computer just hanging.

marcolang145 Guest

on my rubbish computer i could access multiplayer but now with my brand new computer it comes up with either 'network error please close multiplayer and try again' when i try to log on. or when i try to make a new account it says something about not being conncected to the net but i am connected so im just stumped and wondering if someone knows what to do

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

marcolang145 wrote:

on my rubbish computer i could access multiplayer but now with my brand new computer it comes up with either 'network error please close multiplayer and try again' when i try to log on. or when i try to make a new account it says something about not being conncected to the net but i am connected so im just stumped and wondering if someone knows what to do

If you didn't add a new router or firewall and now have SP2 that can be the cause.
Radar

marcolang145 Guest

so i should uninstall sp2 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

marcolang145 wrote:

so i should uninstall sp2 🙄

What do you have to lose. you can download it again. I don't use it because of all the minor problems I've read about.
But my new laptop came with it installed, no problems...yet.

Radar

marcolang145 Guest

it turns out that i never had sp2 installed at all. so that further complicates matters

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

IL2 is much better as an online game than any of the CFS imo 🙂

buy that instead 😀

Darcy Guest

if it dosent run well you could always run it in a compatibilty mode
my computers xp but my graphics card was incompatible so i ran it in windows 2000 worked a treat

can sum1 help me i cant find a multiplayer server for FS2004 plz i need answers ASAP

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You're asking in the wrong forum, read this in the FS2004 multiplayer forum: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11710/dummys-guide-to-multiplayer/#71752

PS Sum1, plz are not words and the Shift key is to the left of z. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...