Fsx taking an abnormal time to load

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

When I load a flight it can take anywhere form 30min to an hour to load it will take at smallest 15 min to load the aircraft menu I just uninstalled a load of things reinstalled fsx and it still takes a long time to load I also lowered the graphics with little to unnoticeable results I was able to runs fsx with better graphics better on the same computer 2 weeks ago what could of possibly happened?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

when i used to have a cough*unofficial*cough copy of fsx it took about the times u stated to load, sounds like u have a serious problem, i would email microsoft and grab some advice from them

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I have the official copy as well as an official copy of acceleration it was working much better about 2 weeks ago.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Open up task manager and post what background programs are running if you can

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

1. How full is your hard drive?

2. When was your last defrag?

mdaskalos

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

It defrags itself everyday but I will recheck it

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Friends, I had the same problem before. As to my understanding, this is due to the video display conflict between the Windows and the graphic card. I tried many ways suggested by our friends, but nothing helped. Finally I formated and reinstalled Windows and FSX . The problem is over. The FSX starts normally in seconds. Try this.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

How do you reinstall windows and does this delete all your files?

Pro Member First Officer

If you have a second hard drive, save everything you want to keep in there, unplug it before formating (just to be safe), plug it back in, after windows is back on

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

actually something strange is happening. I had to repair fsx acceleration because I have reinstalled sp1 and before I did that fsx was running like clockwork if not better? However the gauges textures where missing and other textures where doing some weird thing so I am going to test fsx with and without fsx acceleration installed and see where is goes from there.

Pro Member First Officer

ok, let us know how it goes

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Ok it taking slight less time to load but really unnoticeable. However fsx is running smoother it self?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...