Looking for builder to build Triangle UFO for FSX...

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

I'm looking to find a builder who could take these images and model this to fly in FSX. I would even consider paying for it if the quality and flight dynamics is excellent.

Thanks in advance for any help or information!

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE BUILD THIS Group Wave

I also like the ones in the secret shuttle mission the triangular one

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

I'm building the model in 3DS MAX. I wonder if it can be converted to the program for FSX.

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

I've begun modeling the UFO myself in 3DS MAX. Is there a way someone who knows how to build add-ons can take this model and convert it to the program that is used for add-on creation?

I'll be adding more detail to it, but here is what I have so far...

Last edited by toddbreda on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

absolutely beautiful will there be any animation?

Thank you so much and to think that's just a start WOW the finished product is going to be incredible.

Are you going to upload this to avsim?

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Added more detail...Dang! We need to find someone who can turn this into a bona fide sweet FSX add-on!

Last edited by toddbreda on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Karlw wrote:

absolutely beautiful will there be any animation?

Thank you so much and to think that's just a start WOW the finished product is going to be incredible.

Are you going to upload this to avsim?

Thanks...I can create a basic fly-by animation...I'll post it once I do. What I need to do is find someone who builds quality add-ons for FSX and see if they can take this model I built and add fully functional flight dynamics, the highest Mach speed available, hover ability, lights, etc.

Then make it available to download for free.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

let me see if I can get anyone from my VA

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I posted a link to this post requesting any aircraft developers that could convert this to fsx if anyone post I will let you know.

Cheers and absolutely superb job on this magnificent craft 😀

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

Here's a 5 second cheesy animation. I'm a novice with MAX...Just learning the basics right now. The model looks good from a distance but it's far from perfect.

http://www.toddbreda.com/ufoanim.avi

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

WOW!!!! That is amazing you definatley have a talent in this that was incredible!

Finally we have a great ufo for fsx

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Thanks!

If I can find the right person to put my model into FSX reality then perhaps I can remake the model to be really outstanding. This one took me a couple of hours to build. If I really take my time, say over the course of a week or so, then it can be totally cool. That is again, if I can find the right person who can make the lights, flight dynamics excellent.

FSX'ers deserve a killer UFO, don't you think?

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

toddbreda wrote:

Added more detail...Dang! We need to find someone who can turn this into a bona fide sweet FSX add-on!

1.) Put some little steps drop down for the primary exit.
2.) Put legs coming out of each bulb on the sides as landing gear.
3.) Make the back of the engines light up bright blue when afterburner (76% and past).

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Absolutely no one has really built this this is most certainly unique

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Here's another model of a classic style of UFO. This one was a public domain 3D model I downloaded. I'm really surprised these haven't been modeled before for use in FS.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

now that with a good virtual cockpit would just be heaven.

😳

Let me see if I can get anyone to help you here I am going to make a thread for that reason

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain
Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Thanks for the help! Hopefully we can find a developer who is really good at what they do. FSX needs some cool UFOs!

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

If you want you can contact the developer Hama he's the one who built the Queen mary 2 the titanic the hondajet for fs9 and fsx although I don't know if he speaks English you can try he is a great developer here is the website

p.s if you are using internet explorer I think you can right click the page go to page properties and click translate to English. And if you can't find the e-mail there just search hama at avsim and download one of his planes and look in the read me it should say it there.

As you can probably tell I am really looking forward to this ufo lol

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Thanks...I'd prefer English-speaking for obvious reasons but I do appreciate the help!

I've posted this in various FS forums and even a FS Developer forum and nobody is offering any help. I'm a bit frustrated. 😕

There are tons of add-ons out there that a lot of people have created yet I can't find any developer database or resource...Hmmm....

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

me to but I can try the orbiter forum I will post tomorrow I mean it's a space game but what better then building a ufo for fsx there lets see how that goes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...