Error: Failed to read from file.

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

This crap is happening still. I switch views to spot and the computer tries to load the texture (This only happens around 70-80% of the time when I play FS) and it doesn't, leaving a part of the aircraft gray and I am forced to click "OK" on the the error button that shows up.

Upon pressing the "OK", FS shuts down and I am then only left with the option with playing again and hoping this doesn't happen or give up and do something else. What do you guys think the problem is?

My friend (Who is a tech-whiz) recommended de-fragmenting my computer because he thinks that the computer/graphics card is having trouble loading the files because they are all messed up. I am currently De-fragmenting my computer which will take some time but I want to know what the REAL problem is if any of you guys know.

It would help me out heaps and I am getting sick and tired of these constant problems.

Cheers.

Walesdragon ~

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer

Come one guys, please I need some help. It's really hard having to play FS2004 for 2 minutes and then this happens.

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

walesdragon wrote:

Come one guys, please I need some help. It's really hard having to play FS2004 for 2 minutes and then this happens.

My solution would probably be the least favourable! Clearly something has gotten corrupted...

Can you indentify what if anything you have added to FS2004 recently which may have caused this.... and uninstall it.

You could try (if enabled) :

- a system restore to a point in the past where this issue was not happening.

- Update all the drivers.....

As a last resort, a full clean re-install will fix it.... but will leave you with the task of adding all the bits an pieces back.

Sometimes it is the only way...unless you want to sit there for hours reading tech guides and sifting through code.....all of which might be fruitless anyway....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Give us your system specs and maybe someone can help.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Air-Head wrote:

walesdragon wrote:

My solution would probably be the least favourable! Clearly something has gotten corrupted...

Can you indentify what if anything you have added to FS2004 recently which may have caused this.... and uninstall it.

You could try (if enabled) :

- a system restore to a point in the past where this issue was not happening.

- Update all the drivers.....

As a last resort, a full clean re-install will fix it.... but will leave you with the task of adding all the bits an pieces back.

Sometimes it is the only way...unless you want to sit there for hours reading tech guides and sifting through code.....all of which might be fruitless anyway....

Dude, Cheers Air-Head! There was this error message that popped uo every time a started up FS2004 Which went along the lines of "FS2004 Has detected a file that may not be compatible with FS2004" Or something. This file was a sound gauge which I deleted after reading your post and I have not been getting the "Error: Failed to read from file" Anymore. This is pretty damn awesome. Thanks a lot, Air-head.

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

walesdragon wrote:

Dude, Cheers Air-Head! There was this error message that popped uo every time a started up FS2004 Which went along the lines of "FS2004 Has detected a file that may not be compatible with FS2004" Or something. This file was a sound gauge which I deleted after reading your post and I have not been getting the "Error: Failed to read from file" Anymore. This is pretty damn awesome. Thanks a lot, Air-head.

Glad your FS2004 is working again! Excellent! An well done at figuring out the problem!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...