Offset Effects

Pro Member Trainee
1LtLoric Trainee

Well, I FINALLY found a freeware YF-22A Raptor, made by IRIS. But it had one glitch I would never expect from IRIS... Offset Afterburner effects. So, I'll be flying along, and I'd throttle all the way up, and after a few seconds my afterburners appear. But, the effect is pictured below the exaust nozzle. Or I'd fly inverted and turn off my lights, but still, the same thing happens. Exept the effect will appear on the side closest to the ground, to be simplton. same thing happens when i am flying on my side... And I would post a screenshot. But I don't know how! Any fixes or suggestions?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

Contact the builder I would think....You can change the position of the effect,but you have to know what its attached to ,then what to change in the config.....

It may be impossible,as some contrails in FSX cannot be moved(out of place) due to the way FSX handles it..The duilder can tell you I would think..

Not much help..But its a start...

Pro Member Trainee
1LtLoric Trainee

But here, you see, I have put up a forum topic ON IRIS's website and e-mailed developers countless times. Still, no luck. Ithink it may have to do with my using an FS2004 plane in FSX.... Idea See? poinless ideas. 😕

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

I see..Its a portover then..That alot..You can go into the aircraft config file and try looking for the contact point used,and change them some,but it would be hit or miss at that point..

Usually if its ported ,the builder will offer no help..Keep checking their website as some person may have figured it out and post the results....

Good luck

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...