Found it.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

A few posts ago I asked wether anyone could find me some great effects that I saw in a video. Well, I found the effects and how to install them.

This is the type of effect I'm talking about:

First go the link below and scroll down until you get the third Frequently Asked Question. It's ," In some videos there are spray effects behind ...."
There you will find instructions on how to install the effects.

http://www.fsclips.com/

To dowload the plane just go to this link. Dowload any of the 747's on that page.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=POSKY+effects&CatID=fs2002ac&Go=Search

Only the FS2002 POSKY plane has the effects folder.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is an interesting find JVD. Tell me though, are you goin to install a Posky FS2002 into FS9 to get the effects working?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Nice find JVD 👍

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

This is an interesting find JVD. Tell me though, are you goin to install a Posky FS2002 into FS9 to get the effects working?

I'm not going to install the old 747 model. I'm simply going to use it's effects on another model of mine.

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

what do we have to do to get the effects? just install them or do we have to change the .cfg's?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

I'm not going to install the old 747 model. I'm simply going to use it's effects on another model of mine.

Hey JVD, I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I asked whether you are going to install a Posky FS2002 into FS9 because the avsim link you provided in your original post points to FS2002 Poskys only.

Also, I'm still trying to get my head around your statement that: "Only the FS2002 POSKY plane has the effects folder."

Read Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jamier wrote:

what do we have to do to get the effects? just install them or do we have to change the .cfg's?

Not sure at this stage Jamier. This is from JVD's first link:

That effect comes with the Project Opensky Boeing 747-400 vers.3. If you download it you will get an effects folder. Copy the contents into the FS effects folder. When the 744 is on the runway simply press "i" and it should work. It works better in FS2002 than in FS2004. I modified the .cfg entry for it slightly so it looks better now.
Simply copy this into the .cfg file of the plane you want to have the effect with.

[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
touchdown=fx_tchdwn320, 1

[SMOKESYSTEM]
//Wing condensation
smoke.2=0, -08.917, -39.167, Opensky_conden
smoke.3=0, -08.917, 39.167, Opensky_conden

After restarting FS2004 it should work. Just use the "i" button or whatever you have the smoke system assigned to.

I find the authors paragraph at the top confusing. So here's what I'm gonna do.
First, I'll d/load this Posky 744v.3 ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004acrp&DLID=39972

Then I'll look for the effects that are supposed to be included.
If nothing works, I'll start messing with the .cfg as per instructions.

If you have a better idea, please share it with us Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...