Aircrafts in Corel Draw

Bakunian Guest

Hi!!

Sorry for my poor english,can you say me please where I can find to download Boeing models in .cdr format? Thanks a lot!! 😀

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm not too certain what you need. Wait until one of our designer members see your post.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
George Leach (CDR) First Officer

Hi,
Poor Englishman Bakunian,
I'm sorry to tell you this if you can deprive your self of two 🍻
You can pay your lifetime $ 5 here .
I say this is you have to be member here in order to do any downloading here in this site.
CDR
😀

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Bakunian wrote:

Hi!!

Sorry for my poor english,can you say me please where I can find to download Boeing models in .cdr format? Thanks a lot!! 😀

I'm Scottish so my English is not to good either 😂
I do not know if any designers/painters who use Corel Draw as a medium. Nearly all use Adobe Photo Shop or JASC Paint Shop.
I am presuming that you do want to repaint as I cannot imagine doing anything else in Corel Draw.
Hope this helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Because of what DaveC said I guess you are looking for repaint kits.
See if any of these are what you need.

http://www.simviation.com/fs_paintkits1.htm

http://www.simviation.com/fs_paintkits2.htm

Radar

People, I need it to repaint .. yeah you right... look at here for example..

I find this one but its too expensive Each line drawing is
Only $19.95 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

daveC,
I downloaded one of the repaint kits, what do I open it as in Adobe Photoshop (7.01) and what do I save it as after I finish painting it.
(Like I'm going to finish) 🙄

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Hi Radarnan - it's not too straightforward but her is a brief description-

1. When you have finished?? the repaint you must save it PSP format, this is in order to preserve the PSP/layer format to make corrections ( I have never come across a first repaint that didn't need correction!!!) I hope your PSP file you opened has a file name similar to ******1_t or some such which!!
2. Also save it in 24 bit bmp format to the same name as the file name you are editing. Close PSP
3. Open DXTBMP.exe and select OPEN Extended Bit Map Image - you will get a msg saying this is not an Extended Bit Map image, do you still want to load this image? - answer YES. Select PREFS and untick INCLUDE MIPS.
4. Select FILE/Save as Extended Bit Map and make sure that it is saved to the same file name as the original file name.(******1_t.bmp). Close DXTBMP.
5. Now you have to open FS9 and find the aircraft - Presuming you have loaded the bare naked aircraft and originated a texture folder with a name you are going to call your texture eg texture.radar Which should hold all the bmp files that you are required to edit. And I presume you have amended the aircraft.cfg file to manage this new texture folder.
I am typing this of the top of my head and the subject is so complex that I must have made an error -if so I apologise but FEM will be telling me to get on with his Heino Boeing. Really I have found that the Posky site has the best tutorial and I never do a repaint without it at my side.
You and I will be getting told off for wasting our time on an unpaid up guest!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks, I'll try what you say and play with the download a little more to see what I can do.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Radarman - which repaint kit did you download - should have asked you this last night - but it was away past my bedtime. If you let me know I will have a look at it later on today and see what I can do. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😂 Silly question, the DC3 of course. 👏

http://www.simviation.com/fs_paintkits1.htm

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Funnily enough that was the one I picked and downloaded - will be back with some info for you 🍻

Pro Member Captain

Hi Radarman
When you use blank textures the mode of attack is slightly different.
In the case of an FS9 default repaint - you decide what you want to name the repaint texture.
For example the texture folder for Radarman's DC-3 could be named 'Texture.RM'and this would be put in the a/c folder. Copy all the bmp files from the DC3 blanks kit/texture folder you downloaded to the folder you have mamed 'texture.RM' - They are all named similarly 'douglas_dc3_1_c,d or t.bmp' - C=cockpit items, D= damaged items and T=fuselage, wings etc. There is another letter - L - which is for night textures.There are no hard and fast rules for what part of the a/c is contained in the bmp files The ones you are concerned with will be mainly the 'T' type.
Since you are using the default DC-3 - you can amend the existing a/c cfg file to include another [fltsim 0] section or let the new text 😂 ure stand alone in a similarly named a/c folder with it's own cfg file.It will or should appear in your Aircraft Selection window under Douglas DC-3 in any case. All the above should be carried out before you attempt to repaint.For one thing - it gives you somewhere to put your repainted bmp files.
Now you can go and repaint -
Open DXTBMP.exe and select FILE/Load Extended Image from the a/c texture.RM folder. Try 'Douglas_DC3_1_T.bmp' first.
I presume you have configured DXTBMP with PSP as your default image editor.
Select SEND TO EDITOR- Left hand bottom corner, 3rd along.
This will open up PSP and you can paint until you are satisfied.
You then carry out the 'name and save' process that I described in my last post.
The only way you can check that the repaint has taken is by opening up FS9 and looking - this is why you have to do all the setting first.
Best of Luck 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok,
I copied that and will print it out with the last.
Thanks and I hope I don't reach my frustration point to fast.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Just to give you more discouragement - these are not the best bmp files I've seen 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I guess, I had trouble opening them in Adobe (still am), I couldn't find the right file name.
It's not something that I'm used to.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

You can't open an Extended bmp file in PSP (at least I haven't found a way to) - you have to go through DXTBMP.exe to convert into a normal bmp This conversion is done when you select 'Send to Editor. When you save as a bmp in PSP it is saved as a normal bmp which means that you have to go through DXTBMP again to convert it to an extended bmp file which is the type that FS9 recognises. There is no clue in the file name to tell if it is extended, normal 32 bit, 24bit or whatever. It is this DXTBMP, PSP, DXTBMP, FS9 merrygoround that gets tiresome (and frustrating!!!) -
The one clue you get is when you load a non-extended bmp file into DXTBMP - it will give you a msg saying 'This is not and Extended Image etc' -hope this isn't confusing you further. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sounds better, I couldn't see why Adobe at the price it is couldn't do what I wanted.
Thanks, your explanations are very clear.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...