Payware For Free??

Pro Member Trainee
Josue (90josue03) Trainee

Hey guys!

I recently saw this video of one of Carenado's aircrafts on Youtube, I didn't know if it was free or not so I asked the guy the posted the video. He said he got it for free from Pirate Bay.

As far as I know using those websites to find files that you are supposed to pay for is illegal. So is there anything the FS Community can do to avoid this to happened?

I mean there is lots of work put into some of this aircrafts, and there is people that's getting them for free??!!

I frankly have found over 50 great aircrafts that are freeware on a couple of sites that I found on this forum, they all have Dynamic Virtual Cockpit and great looking designs. There is no need to steal stuff like that!!!

What do you guys think about this?

Answers 33 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Perhaps Radarman or flyaway could help you on that one, however i'm pretty sure everything on this site is freeware, and not taken from payware titles.If thats what your asking.

Pro Member Trainee

warlord40 wrote:

Perhaps Radarman or flyaway could help you on that one, however i'm pretty sure everything on this site is freeware, and not taken from payware titles.If thats what your asking.

I kinda wasn't asking anything, just you guys opinion, I just really think its something that should stop 🙂

Like I said there is hours of work into those aircrafts. And someone has to be rewarded!

Pro Member First Officer

Well in that case... I think allot of the people who made them, do it for the love of it, and just want to share their experience with others, otherwise they would probably be working for payware companies.

Pro Member Trainee

warlord40 wrote:

Well in that case... I think allot of the people who made them, do it for the love of it, and just want to share their experience with others, otherwise they would probably be working for payware companies.

So its ok? as long as they don't care? I mean why would they make it payware if they did it for the heck of it?

Pro Member First Officer

I think i might have lost the plot here...

I mean why would they make it payware if they did it for the heck of it?

The makers of the aircraft did'nt make it payware, otherwise you'd be paying for each individual aircraft. What your probably refering to is paying to get into the site itself?

Pro Member Trainee

warlord40 wrote:

I think i might have lost the plot here...

I mean why would they make it payware if they did it for the heck of it?

The makers of the aircraft did'nt make it payware, otherwise you'd be paying for each individual aircraft. What your probably refering to is paying to get into the site itself?

ok, for example, if you want to get one of Carenado's Aircrafts, you have to go to his site or flight one and buy it with a credit card or something. So Carenado Team is directly making their product a payware not a freeware. They require you to pay in order to have the aircraft.

If there is people sharing it for free then you are not paying for it and therefore, Carenado Team loses money for each person that doesn't pay for it.

Pro Member First Officer

Oh yes!!! sorry Embarassed
That is totally and uterly illegal and the link should be reported to flight one or Carenados Aircraft.
I don't disagree, in which case, sorry about all the posts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You won't find any illegal pirate-ware here.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Radarman... didn't think so! 😉

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Heres the deal. Almost every payware for flight sim you can get off pirate bay or other utorrents. Now for carenado right now. Each of their planes are payware which means you need to pay in order to get the aircraft. I think someone said that up top but it looked like some confusion there so I just wanted to say something.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Torrents are a bad idea anyway, aside from the ethical points of stealing someone's hard work, you have no idea what you are downloading, you may just get a virus instead of that payware plane you thought you were getting.

Best to keep it on the level.

Pro Member Trainee
DIMITRIOSCOOL Trainee

HEY CAN YOU PLZ POST THE LINKS TO THOSE GR8 aircraft you mentioned, plz. 😀 😀 Embarassed 🙄 😉 ❗ ➡

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

DIMITRIOSCOOL wrote:

HEY CAN YOU PLZ POST THE LINKS TO THOSE GR8 aircraft you mentioned, plz. 😀 😀 Embarassed 🙄 😉 ❗ ➡

It is not allowed to post links to sites which offer free payware planes.
Buy one if you are interrested 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
DIMITRIOSCOOL Trainee

Sorry if i didnt make clear, the freeware ones

Pro Member Chief Captain

http://www.avsim.com

there you go. have fun.

Pro Member Trainee

DIMITRIOSCOOL wrote:

Sorry if i didnt make clear, the freeware ones

I'll be happy to!!!!

by the way I know there is no illegal stuff going on here, I just want it to make the situation more clear to some people 😀

I will try to get the links after I post the names of my aircrafts!! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

Man, I've never downloaded a payware add-on for free. I'm still silly though, i've downloaded about 3 films off the interweb. Does this make me a bad person? 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No, no... don't worry, the only thing that makes you a bad person is your over sized sig 😂

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

lol tailhook.

Pro Member First Officer

Lol, i'll change my sig =)

Pro Member Chief Captain

better not let radarman see it hahaha.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

C'mon, it is the truth, its not THAT bad, actually its REALLY good 😀

Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

Why can't we just enjoy flight simming and NOT have political talk here? You're entitled to your opinion, just please use the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

skompier wrote:

Why can't we just enjoy flight simming and NOT have political talk here? You're entitled to your opinion, just please use the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Topics tend to drift off topic due to no more talk about the original topic so something else starts I guess 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This topic was doomed from the beginning... quite amusing at times Banned

Juggle

🍅 🍅 🍅

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

This topic was doomed from the beginning... quite amusing at times Banned

Juggle

🍅 🍅 🍅

Yup

Pro Member First Officer

If my sig is too harsh, I'll change it =)

Pro Member Chief Captain

From the looks of it, Radarman has already given you warning about it.... yeah, might be a good idea to change it.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

sorry, i couldn't resist

Pro Member Chief Captain

OH MY GOD!!!

Where are they taking the Nimitz!!!!!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

😂 😂

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

belgeode wrote:

Torrents are a bad idea anyway, aside from the ethical points of stealing someone's hard work, you have no idea what you are downloading, you may just get a virus instead of that payware plane you thought you were getting.

i hate torrent sites they are disgusting (some of them) they are unreliable and could be dangerous so basically i just repeated what bell said but in my opinions

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

belgeode wrote:

i hate torrent sites they are disgusting (some of them) they are unreliable and could be dangerous so basically i just repeated what bell said but in my opinions

I don't think so. Bel was talking about 'torrents' - you are talking about 'torrent sites'... NOT the same thing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...