anyone find chernobyl?

renedar Guest

Ive been desperatley trying to find chernobyl in fs2004. I cannot find it at all (though the exclusion zone is included).
Note, Im looking for the power plant, not the town.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Microsoft probably failed to program the power plant in the flight sim. I looked for Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River. The restricted airspace was in there, but the river and the falls were missing. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Paiute wrote:

Microsoft probably failed to program the power plant in the flight sim. I looked for Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River. The restricted airspace was in there, but the river and the falls were missing. 😞

If you like here are the falls.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=vicfalls.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Don't bother looking for Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota either, it eint there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Kurt,
I can't remember the name of the section that you go to.
In the main menu they have an area where there are preset "adventures" seeing Mt. Rushmore is one of them. I did it when the sim first came out.
Try it.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I've actually been to the falls - It's an amazing sight...:

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Mt rushmore is there, just look a little. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

renedar wrote:

Ive been desperatley trying to find chernobyl in fs2004. I cannot find it at all (though the exclusion zone is included).
Note, Im looking for the power plant, not the town.

Hi renedar,

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant is located 80 miles north of Kiev and is not in FS9. I know because I tried to find it some months ago. I flew over the exact area where it should have been, but nothing. Microsoft evidently felt it was not important to include in it FS.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...