FSX "stock" AI

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

The AI part of my FSX install seems to have disappeared for some reason. The original traffic file, scenery\world\scenery, is no longer there. All of my add-on traffic files are OK. Any advice on how to restore it other than a complete re-install of FSX would be greatly appreciated. 😕
Regards ... Art

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Um... RadarMan, I think effieveda was trying to get the default AI traffic back, but the files are completely gone.

In responce to the original question, I'm not sure of a way of restoring the default AI other than reinstalling.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks guys....the folder is where it should be, and it is a BGL, but none of the default AI show up. My traffic is set to 100%, and ttools will not decompile it. I guess it must have gotten corrupted. Does anyone know if the "repair" function on disk one might solve the problem? 😕
Regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Move the file out and save it, then try the repair option.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I performed the tasks that you recommended RM, but to no avail. Any other suggestions? 🙄

Regards ... Art

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Still the option to completely reinstall...

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

effieveda wrote:

The AI part of my FSX install seems to have disappeared for some reason. The original traffic file, scenery\world\scenery, is no longer there. All of my add-on traffic files are OK. Any advice on how to restore it other than a complete re-install of FSX would be greatly appreciated. 😕
Regards ... Art

I've seen some addons that want to overwrite some of the existing files to install their addon. Thinking back, did any of your AI traffic downloads use their own Setup.exe files to install? Or do you remember if any of them had you overwrite your existing files?

If the addons overwrote the original stock files, then re-installing your FSX install maybe your only option. I don't know that a Repair would fix the issue (though it may, I just don't know).

I'm just thinking out loud. I really don't know EXACTLY what's wrong with your set up. Got to start eliminating possibilties until we narrow it down a bit, I guess.

Pro Member First Officer

I have installed some AI in the past. Don't remember if any of them had their own installers, probably did. Most of them were WOAI which does use an installer. Maybe that's what did it. I'm not about to do a complete reinstall of FSX just to get the AI back. I'll just live without it. Thanks for your help "totally". Crying or Very sad
Regards ... Art

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...