Manual engine startup on stock 737?

StartMeUp Guest

Hello all,

I am trying to do the manual engine start on the FSX stock 737 - just don't want to press CTRL-E to start up the plane.

So, I start battery power, get the APU running, and turn on the engine (move the cutoff level [under the throttle] up) - then repeat for engine 2

The engines start up fine, but on my flight display, they both display "START VALVE OPEN" - when I do the CTRL-E, that message disappears when the engines spin up for a second. When I do it manually, I can't get rid of it!

Nor can I find any "start valve" control to close them...the fuel pumps are off, everything else looks good - is this something MS forgot to put a switch for on the panels? Any advice? I will eventually be buying some PMDG craft when they finalize the FSX versions, but wanted to get a head start by boosting my realism a tiny bit. Any one with a checklist or instructions pertaining to the stock 737 - you're a lifesaver!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

perhaps the starter switch is left in "on" position......

Maverickrg Guest

No i cant see it being the starter switch being left in the "on" position because ive had the same experience and both starter switchers are turned off. I've tried everything to find the solution too. cant see where though.???

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...