Getting Mauled...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Is anyone else finding it hard if not impossible to start the frigging Maule? Auto start works great, but trying to get it fired up with the quadrant and starter doesn't seem to want to work. Ideas? I follow the check list, but all it does is crank and fart around a little. 🙄

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

Since I only have the Standard Edition, I don't get to fly that one; but I'll take a guess:
Have you made sure that your battery switch is on?
and your other electrical systems (i.e. generator/alternator) are on?
Sometimes it works alot better when you turn it on 😂 (just kidding).

If it cranks and "farts" around a little...maybe it's just a matter of adjusting the Mixture.

Pro Member First Officer

I as a 'real world' pilot know the value of following the checklist, which as I recal does mention master switch, mixture settings, etc. I have followed it to the letter and it is one bitch to start. More so than my real Citabria. It starts right away if I simply let FSX start it, but I like to pretend I have some input and like to start my sim A/C the manual way. DC3, Goose, Beaver, etc all start easily, the Maule however does not. Lots of cranking while fiddling with fuel pump, mixture and throttle rarely gets it going. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Ya, I've had the same problem.
Happens to me after I've shutdown, saved and exited.
Come back day later and engine will turn over, fire, but not run.
Only fix I know is go out select "new" aircraft (maule), then do normal startup!
If ya don't want ctrl-E.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, I'll give er a try. It's kinda fun to fly very similar to my Citabria. Im looking at downloading the Citabria from RealAir... then they aslo have a Spitfire, Hee,hee.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...