blinking cursor

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

hello,
My computer screen goes black every time I am done with FS and I see the cursor blinking for couple of seconds.
Any Idea

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chances are that either your computer, video card or (low) memory is causing that. It's sort of like the computer is catching it's breath after running a program (the sim) that's just a little to powerful for it.
Harmless but annoying.
My screen blinks black occasionally upon exit, usually after a long flight.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

I have ATI Radeon 9550 256 MBDDR AGP 8X/4X. and also I have the current ActiveX 9 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That card is getting a little old but still is a good one. That's probably why it does that. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128 and I get it also.
Harmless.

Radar

What do you suggest should I return the card (return policy is 15)days.
or just keep it and download some drivers for it from ATI
Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can get the card I have for about $180-$200 on the net.
I don't know what you paid $80? But It's your call as to how much you want to spend.
You'll still get the "blink" but it will give you better FPS and a clearer screen.
Since you have it, try better drivers just to satisfy yourself that they may not eliminate the problem.
If you are going to keep this computer for the next version of the flight sim get a better card now because you will need it later.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Is it the transfer time from full screen to windows mode or from High resolution to normal desktop resolution? If so maybe some thing with U memory refresh. It is really bothering u so much? Try to get out from the game in windows mode(not full screen

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...