A vanishing cursor, is there a cure?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

OK, as a recent newcomer to the forum, I have learnt a lot, and enjoyed my time on here. But I have what is a minor problem, but very irritating, I just wonder if it's something you have to live with when using fs2004.

When in the setting/selection menu, for aircraft, flights, & etc. My cursor tries to do a vanishing trick, the only way I have found to overcome this is to hold the Left Mouse Button down while moving the mouse, which then causes any tab that the cursor goes over to activate, thereby denoting where this darned rodent's cursor is hiding.

Hope someone can understand my description of the problem, and maybe have some idea of cause and cure.

Thanks in advance.

PS...........This has been happening from the first day of install, so not due to any add-ons.

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That happens to me too. I don't know if there's a fix to it. I'm used to that now so I don't have to worry about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It happens here, but if I move the mouse around, it will reappear. I then move it vertically along the edge to the level of the tab I need to click and then horizontally to the tab.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I think I know what you mean, it's "normal".

The curser reappears when you hover over one of the buttons near the bottom for example.

While you're hovering over the picture of the aircraft, it's gone ?

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's right. The cursor reappers if you move it around. I forgot to include that in my post... 😛

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

OK Guys, thanks for your response, nice to know I'm not alone, 😂 😂

As I said, it's a minor problem, but annoying at times. Wonder if MS has been made aware of this event.

Thanks All again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I bet you are happy that it has got nothing to do with your eyesight Help!

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Could you speak a little louder please. Poke in Eye

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A fix.

Go to the control panel and access the mouse icon. Go to the "Pointer Options tab".
At the bottom is a box "show me the location of the pointer when I press the Ctrl key".
Put a check mark In there and when you lose the pointer (I do at the menu's black boarder) all you have to do is press the Ctrl key and it makes a circle on the screen to show you where the pointer is.

Cool huh?

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for the knowledge RadarMan.

Clap Clap Clap

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Have no fear, RadarMan is here. Thanks RM, that's a tip to remember.

Added later:

RadarMan I tried your suggestion, and then my memory came back, in the past with some other programs I found the cursor to be in the way, so I used this Mouse Pointer Option and set it to hide when editing/writing, just by removing that tick, the cursor is now completely visible when required. Not quite what you recommended, but without your jolt to my mem, I wouldn't have found it, so still many thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Fascinating. By asking the question, you discovered the answer. Maybe not in an orthodox manner, but the correct answer, just the same. Well done.

Apparently that FS screen makes it appear you are editing. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

RM - what else do you carry round in that DC-3 of yours other than a load of help Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

verygom wrote:

RM - what else do you carry round in that DC-3 of yours other than a load of help Bow Down

....a 10Terabyte hard drive... ❗ Full of kindnes,humbleness and Knowledge... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

mines full of cheese and emu's 😞

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Apparently that FS screen makes it appear you are editing. 🙄

It seems that way. Mind I wonder what it does with RadarMans suggestion. I must be honest, I didn't try that.

And now if an ole' Dak goes over, smelling of sweaty feet, I'll know who is at the con. Insight. Out of sight..... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

mines full of cheese and emu's 😞

And crumpets 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...