breaks

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

Help,
I apply breaks after landing but my plane don't stop untill it crash....
what is going on ❓ Am I doing somthing wrong ❓
Evil or Very Mad

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What type of aircraft, does it have reverse thrusters, is the throttle completely shut down, are you at full flaps.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Make sure that when you land, you don't just hit the button once, you have to hold down or repeatedly tap the brakes buton. Also, if you have autothrottles on, and you land and try to stop, they'll give full thrust to offset your braking, so turn those off if you are using them...it'd help if we knew what you were flying though 😎

Pro Member First Officer

Learjet 45 ,
To be honest this is my first time flying a larger plane. I am taking one stage at a time so I have been flying the MS default Cessna.
Thank you. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

All right! Glad to hear you're moving up. If i could offer advice though, I'd recommend the Beech Baron to start, its easier, and a bit slower, but do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Reason I say it is because the Lear is VERY touchy, as it is in real life. MS did a outstanding job with that one. Don't forget to use the reverse thrust, and dont forget to hold down/tap the brakes!!!

How do I apply the reverse thrust?
Oh, also what is the air break and how can I apply it.
Thanks

off the topic
how do guys input pictures logos etc...

Pro Member First Officer

I deleted the icon that I selected from the gallery to put something cool but the knew icon appears as guest and I am not a guest. Do you think that I loose the entire posting I did and start from scratch??
If you have difficulty to understanding what I am trying please let me know.
😕 😕 😕

Can some one tell me how to insert pictures or something like that?

Pro Member First Officer
George Leach (CDR) First Officer

You turn on reverse thrust by holding down the key [ F 2 ]
on your keyboard.
The throttle must be in the full closed position for the reverse to kick in.
To come out of reverse advance and retard throttles .
Make shore you do not have automatic speed control on in your autopilot,

NOTE,
Some prop aircraft alse have reverse thrust like the EMB- 120.
Isn't this fun ?CDR

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 If you have a joystick with a few buttons on it,why not asign one of them to reverse thrust

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you CDR for the quick reply. The information yousent me is very very helpful and I am 100% sure that you will continue to help us.

Pro Member First Officer

There is an old saying [one hand washes the other ]
Well i appreciate the help I have received from this forum and It is a pleasure to help other people.
I have never gone to a forum and found the very thoughtful. helpful and very nice people that I have met here in Fly Away.
CDR

Pro Member Chief Captain

CDR, what type of aircraft do you Sim-Fly? Personally, I'm a heavy jet guy, which puts me into the "Boring" category when compared to the wacky tail dragger antics of Radarman, but hey, I'll fly him spare parts and pull his arse out of the fire when he runs out of old fashioned Avgas 😛

Pro Member First Officer

It depends what type of flight I'm taking.
Took the J3 Cub and left KFLL going to EHAM .
Well I didn't get very far LMAO>
Only fooling.
On long trips I use the B737 or B 777.
On Short Trippe I use the EMB 120 or the King AIR.
If I land some where that has nice sensory after I land and hop into my Ultralight and go sight seeing,
Once in a while I just buss the beaches in my F 18.
I also have a Coast Guard helicopter that lands in water plus land.
They are all fun aren't they.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...