Transparent aircraft?! WTF!?

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

During a quick routine flight from Burbank to Vegas, my A319, decked in a fictional adaption of the old Southwest colors, suddenly became transparent.

Does anyone have any idea how this happened or how I can turn it off? I don't know if it affects other planes, I haven't finished this flight yet.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It doesn't look transparent to me... you seem to be flying through some cloud there. How much memory (RAM) do you have?

If you have a link to those textures, I'll have a look at it.

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

It doesn't look transparent to me... you seem to be flying through some cloud there. How much memory (RAM) do you have?

RAM is not an issue. 8 Gb.

Tailhook wrote:

If you have a link to those textures, I'll have a look at it.

I don't have a link, unless you know where I can host the files.

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Well, the flight's over. When I reloaded the plane after ending the trip, the plane was no longer transparent. It seems it was a one time thing. Just hope it never happens again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It wasn't clear from your OP that you'd painted the a/c yourself:

What on earth are you doing with 8 gigs of RAM??

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

It wasn't clear from your OP that you'd painted the a/c yourself:

What on earth are you doing with 8 gigs of RAM??

Just like to say, I can't take credit for the skin, a friend made 'em. I think he uploaded them to Avsim, but I got them direct form him.

The 8gb of ram goes with my Core 2 Quad OCed @ 3.2 Ghz and quad-sli 9800GX2s for a kick-ass gaming rig.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

nice setup i hate you 😳 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

honuala wrote:

nice setup i hate you 😳 😉

About 15 billion people have beaten you to saying that, mate.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just to reassure myself that there is still a remnant of sanity inside my periodically extremely agile brain... regardless of how many quads and sli(s) you manage to cramp onto and connect to your mobo -- isn't there a limit as to how much RAM the OS can actually detect and / or take advantage of?

You are using an Operating System... aren't you Radar

...yes, yes I know, stupid question... soooo, which OS?

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Depends on what I wanna do. Vista for DX10 games (rarely) and XP for everything else. This is on XP. Which means 4Gb is available, at least.

I have a GeForce 780i mobo.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...