Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

What's the question?

How to fly the VOR on autopilot?

or

How to fly the ILS on autopilot?

Asking the question doesn't make you stupid. Asking one question and being clear would help, though 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

FSX start \ Learning center \ Using an Autopilot
to;
Follow a VOR radial.
Track a localizer.
Track the localizer or localizer back course.
Track the localizer and glide slope of an Instrument Landing System (ILS).

It's dependent on the plane, avionics, and simulator. Just fly the cub and it's a walk in the park.

HAY Gundam
Your post for 8800 users woulda made me register on another site, I'm too lazy. What's the scoop? I'm already happy with my FSX.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

oldsamer wrote:

FSX start \ Learning center \ Using an Autopilot
to;
Follow a VOR radial.
Track a localizer.
Track the localizer or localizer back course.
Track the localizer and glide slope of an Instrument Landing System (ILS).

It's dependent on the plane, avionics, and simulator. Just fly the cub and it's a walk in the park.

HAY Gundam
Your post for 8800 users woulda made me register on another site, I'm too lazy. What's the scoop? I'm already happy with my FSX.

I am so sorry..... 😛

There is a new NVidia update for the 8800 series that gives FPS gains up to 80% on games. with FSX, this update will add an additional 10 FPS.

Here is what the site talks about:

A NEW DRIVER FOR:
9 SERIES
GTX

JUST:
10 FPS ON FSX

And

- Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
- Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
- Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
- Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
- Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
- Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
- Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
- Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict

These are driver links for XP and Vista:

32 BIT XP:
http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/180.48/180.48_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe

64 BIT XP:
http://www.toomanydownloads.com//?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=257&Itemid=54

32 BIT Vista:
http://www.toomanydownloads.com//?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=255&Itemid=54

64 BIT Vista:
http://www.toomanydownloads.com//?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=256&Itemid=54

These links are functional, so try them out. I ran World in Conflict and it is a lot faster than before. It also made the default graphics look different in FSX; looks cleaner and fast, but I couldn't really tell the difference in FPS.

Pro Member Trainee
waterinthefuel Trainee

Can these be used with the 9800 series?

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Waterinthefuel..
Doesn't look like it. Nvida still has you select 8 series or 9 series vdeo card drivers on their download site.

Damm did I do somethin stupid? Without checking I clicked on the 32bit Xp link in this thread and RUNed it!

Got Nvida 8800 series ver 6.14.11.8048 11/12/2008 installed! FSX ran without a problem along highway 59 from Goliad to Victoria @ 500 AGL. Looked about the same, I had a solid 20 FPS before with everything else maxed out except global resolution, still do.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...