For those who has the NVidia 8800 Series Drivers...

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

A miracle has arrived......

http://www.fswc.info/showthread.php?t=5863

Within the package is the PHYSX software and drivers!!!! This should help out in FPS rate up to about 10 FPS....

Good luck and happy flying. 😀

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain

I was informed that you had to sign up in order to access the links, so let me get them to you guys:

A NEW DRIVER FOR:
9 SERIES
GTX

JUST:
10 FPS ON FSX

And

- Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
- Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
- Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
- Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
- Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
- Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
- Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
- Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict

There are driver links for XP and Vista:

32 BIT XP:
http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/180.48/180.48_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe

64 BIT XP:
http://www.toomanydownloads.com//?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=257&Itemid=54

32 BIT Vista:
http://www.toomanydownloads.com//?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=255&Itemid=54

64 BIT Vista:
http://www.toomanydownloads.com//?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=256&Itemid=54

These links are functional, so try them out. I ran World in Conflict and it is a lot faster than before. It also made the default graphics look different in FSX; looks cleaner and fast, but I couldn't really tell the difference in FPS.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

You a [software] pirate?

Evil or Very Mad

(your link goes to a place called "Flight Simulation WareZ Community")

Nothing against you, but I just dislike pirating, it's technically illegal and just plain mean to developers (especially with me being a developer (freeware, don't even get thanked :roll🙂).

Well, more on topic: got any for Vista 64 bit? Or are they available at the Nvidia site?

Nevermind - see them now. Still, are they available from Nvidia? Or are these modified or something?

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

yay!!!! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

This came with there last 8800GTX update it really did speed up fsx even though my fsx FPS's were already pretty good., i mean the only slower frames i get are at like JFK and such those massive airports

Pro Member Captain

ollyau wrote:

You a [software] pirate?

Evil or Very Mad

(your link goes to a place called "Flight Simulation WareZ Community")

Nothing against you, but I just dislike pirating, it's technically illegal and just plain mean to developers (especially with me being a developer (freeware, don't even get thanked :roll🙂).

Well, more on topic: got any for Vista 64 bit? Or are they available at the Nvidia site?

Nevermind - see them now. Still, are they available from Nvidia? Or are these modified or something?

I go wherever I need to find better solutions to make my FSX experience better. However I DO BUY my software. Evil or Very Mad That is maybe one reason I am broke. I found that hookup in the computer hardware section FSWC. Next time, I'll just PM my friends here with the help they need, and you can just suffer.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I didn't know it was pirated software how do I make sure its uninstalled?

Pro Member Captain

Karlw wrote:

I didn't know it was pirated software how do I make sure its uninstalled?

The NVidia Driver updates aren't pirated. They are free through the Nvivdia website.... you have to follow the link. NVidia do not send you info when updates are available; you have to go and check them out yourself. Some one did and posted that info on that site to help others.

I tried to do the same, but some people are just stupid. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

oh ok got scared for a sec

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Well, sorry 🙄...

I'll just shut up in the future...

Pro Member Captain

ollyau wrote:

Well, sorry 🙄...

I'll just shut up in the future...

Don't apologize.... I am certain your concerns were warranted, however you should have asked me if I was a tech pirate by PM; for which I would have told you no... coming straight out like that discredits my reputation among others.

Although I don't see the logic of spending 50 to 60 dollars for less than a gig of software, only for it to assist in crashing FSX, but I still faithfully buy the downloads, so don't worry....if you product is worthy, I will buy it. 😉

Could be another reason why my e-mail account is nearly full; 90% of it are download links for my payware aircrafts. 😳 Gotta have backup when your system keels over. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
waterinthefuel Trainee

Will those drivers work with a 9800 GTX?

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Waterinthefuel..
Doesn't look like it. Nvida still has you select 8 series or 9 series vdeo card drivers on their download site.

Damm did I do somethin stupid? Without checking I clicked on the 32bit Xp link in this thread and RUNed it!

Got Nvida 8800 series ver 6.14.11.8048 11/12/2008 installed! FSX ran without a problem along highway 59 from Goliad to Victoria @ 500 AGL. Looked about the same, I had a solid 20 FPS before with everything else maxed out except global resolution, still do.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

I am running the 8800 GT. Installed the 180. 32 vista drivers and didn't see any change with FSX, but did see and immediate ( decrease ) in FPS in Lock-on of 2 too 5 FPS and a thin white line around distant textures. Mad So I rolled back and 😀 .

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...