Trouble with FSX Lear Jet---Losing power on Landing

Pro Member Trainee
glart Trainee

Using FSX - Anniversary Lear Jet--
When coming in for a landing - whether on autopilot or not---, seems that the power cuts out as I have no response when trying to increase speed---
know if Im doing something wrong? - Seems to happen a lot after I dis-engage autopilot

Thanks
Glart

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Well I know if you fly any piston airplane below 1000 RPM over a short period of time the fuel becomes to lean and the engine basically thinks it ran out of gas.

Try keeping your throttle off idle

Cheers 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
glart Trainee

Thanks very much for the response and advice--
will give it a try!

Glart

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There is no reason why it'd have anything to do with fuel flow - things are very different with jet engines. Besides which, remember that a lot of things that happen in the real world simply remain omitted in the sim.

I'd check your key assignment for shutting off the engines and ensure you aren't hitting this key by mistake...

My best guess is that you still have the autothrottle (A/T) engaged after disengaging the main AP....therefore, when you try and move the thrust levers, you'll remain with the power the AP decides necessary to maintain the figure on the MCP.

Next time it happens, take a screenshot of the panel.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Disengaging AP not disengaging AT or ” Auto speed” in Lear Jet . U have to disengage AT even before turning of AP and move your throttle back and forward a little bit to engage it. Any how it is like so with CH yoke on my computer.

Pro Member Trainee
glart Trainee

Thanks for all the responses---
must be im not disengaging auto-throttle---
can anyone tell me how or what buttons to push to disengage---, Im not finding the proper key or knob

Thank you very much

Glart

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It'll probably be labelled one of the below:

ATR
ATHR
AT
IAS

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

In LearJet U have to "Click" on SPD button to the right of AP (Auto Pilot)
I do not know any other button here

Pro Member Trainee
glart Trainee

OK, I will give it a try and see what happens---
thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...