Morse code beeping

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

I think it's an airport beacon of some sort. I read somewhere in the forum that it can be turned off using the panel from a commercial airliners radio. Turn off the NAV1 and NAV2 and some other switches. It didn't work. I still hear the beeping. Sometimes high pitch, and sometimes low pitch. Can anyone explain what this is and how to turn it on/off?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Check your radio switches... If there are lights on above anything except for com1 and com2 that's probably your source. What you're hearing is the ident code for whatever station your nav radios are tuned to (Includes ADF and ILS). The tuners you have vary between aircraft. Is this one of the FSX default planes?

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

Yes. Only the original FSX aircraft have the beeping. I have tried every switch on the radios. Even changed frequencies to an airport in Jamaica (from DC area). Still get beeping. Beep-beeep-beep-beep-beep. The whole flight.

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

Beep-beeep-beep-beep-beep. <<sigh>>

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Ya know, fsx has a lot of freaky random problems. Like when my landing lights would turn off whenever the gear was up for no reason at all...

Not sure what to tell ya!

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

IT'S THE DME!!!!! I CAN'T TURN OFF THE DAMN DME!!! HOW DO YOU TURN OFF THE DME??!!! I CLICK AND I CLICK AND NOTHING. IT'S STILL LIT!!!

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Are you trying CRTL+4

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

NO!!

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

Ohyea!!! That works.

Black Hawk Thunder Guest

that helped me too. beeping driving me nuts!! ctrl 4 did the trick. 😂

effinayright Guest

It can't be a morse code beacon, because we get it wherever we take off from.

derp

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...