Parking brakes on? Please help...

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

The other day I went into FSX and tried to start a free flight and noticed the plane wasn't throttling up with any noticeable thrust. I checked my brakes but I've never had any default setting where the parking brake is activated. Yet, it acts like that's exactly the problem.

However, what's the command to de-activate the parking brake? I see Ctrl + to set, but what is it to release? All the planes are acting the same way. I haven't changed anything in the config sets lately. The only thing I've added is Real Flight G4.5 (RC sim).

Could that inadvertantly effect FSX? It just seems "off".

Thanks for any help or suggestions...

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

It's control plus the period to set parking brake, and ( period ) to apply and release brakes.

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Yeah, I know about the period to brake, but I've tried every combination and it still is messed up.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Are you using peddels ❓

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Nope, I'm using the Extreme 3D Pro stick with twist control for the rudders.

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

If you haven't assigned any controls to your stick inside the control panel then try resetting to default, then close out of the sim, and reboot your pc, go back in and see if it still happens. I say this because there have been occasions when I start FSX and there has been updates running in background when I didn't know it and had the same issues as you.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

The BellJetRanger doesn't throttle up for me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...