Pro Pedals USB Taxying issues

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I have tried different settings on MFS X for my pedals and I still find taxying quite difficult. I also notice the differential brakes too sensitive. I have CH Products Pro Pedals USB. One other thing, when I am flying the Dash 8 turboprop, the plane turns on engine startup, even though I have the pedals mashed to the floor and the throttle at idle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

In the settings, check sensitivity and null zones.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I tried several different settings, but to no real changes. Do you have a combination that works?

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Try setting them back to default. I've found some of the aircraft behave a little aggressively and inaccurately compared to the actual ones, such as for example the king air which ground handles like a pig. The Caravan on the other hand handles nicely and very close the the real one.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, 7eca...I will give that a try.

Pro Member First Officer

I'm curious Eddie, did you manage to resolve the issue?

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Not really. Some planes taxi better than others, but still not good. I have checked for updated drivers for my CH Pedals and believe I have the latest installed. My friend has a Saitek pedal system and his works really nice. I am so use to these rudder pedals that I believe in a full size plane I would have no problem, taxiing. I hope to get that chance this Saturday.

Pro Member First Officer

From what I gather, the CH Pedals are the best. Have you calibrated them with CH's Control Manager? I'm thinknig of switching to Saitek's Yoke and Throttle Quadrants but will probably keep the CH pedals if I do.

You will find real world aircraft all have different rudder response as well. I leared to fly on two basic types, a Citabria and a Cessna 172. They were worlds apart as to rudder input. The Cessna has very little rudder response designed into it whereas the Citabria as an aerobatic tailwheel aircraft has very sensitive and effective rudder input, to the point it can handle some very interesting crosswinds well over the POH's guidlines. It can get very gusty where I am and I had am awesome instructor who loved to get out on those nasty days so I could learn what the rudder pedals are for. All aircraft share one thing, gentle use of rudder. Have fun flying there's nothing like the real thing.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Not sure...I have calibrated the pedals, but will check that one out.

Thanks and happy flying.

Pro Member Trainee
dbphiladlephia Trainee

Been having issues myself. After multiple calibrations, the rudder controls always seem to be slightly to the left, both on the ground and in the air. Sensitivity and null zone settings don't account for left/right fine tuning. I'm thinking of 'fibbing' on the calibration to adjust the center position a but more to the right, but it *is* rather annoying.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Interesting. It seems for me the nose wheels on several planes are way too touchy and turning down the sensitivity doesn't seem to mean much. Also, the differential braking is too sensitive, causing the plane to taxi to one side or another. Again, changing the settings makes little difference. A friend of mine has the Saitek pedals and yoke system, and it seems to work allot better. I am beginning to think that the CH Products units don't work that well, no matter what setting you use. If you find out something different after calibrating, please let me know.

Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I've been using CH pedals with FSx for two years. How FSx "interprets" the pedal input is dependent on various FSx settings, such as difficultly level, sensitivity and null zones. Additionally FSx uses different control effect profiles for different aircraft models, huge difference between the J3 cub and Extra 300S.

Note that if FSx detects pedals, then (autorudder) is turned off and that rudder trim also effects ground handling! Assuming the aircraft model features rudder (yaw) trim, something I'd suggest is setting rudder trim at the start of a mission or free flight then save. For example I dial in +3 degrees rudder and +3.5 pitch on the Maule before doing anything else. This varies with each aircraft model.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Oldsamer...I will definitely set up those controls prior to a flight. I would definitely agree that the same inputs for a Cub are not the same for a 737.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...