How to shut down the bombardier learjet ?

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Hi 😀 - hav'nt been on this forum for a while - good to see it still going strong.

Does anybody know how to shut down the turbines in the Lear 45 ?

In practicing my flame out scenarios, I have to go into the fuel page (Alt F A) and remove all fuel out of the tanks - and let the engines konk out 😛 .

Is there a proper way to do it?

Thanks 🙄

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I have wandered the samething? You can take the throttles down a bit but you can't shutdown the turbines. Let me know if you get the anserw please.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

My FSX installation is a bit messed up right now, but I know if you set the mixture to idle/cutoff it'll kill them... you can either map an axis to mixture and pull it all the way back or hit Ctrl+Shift+F1

It's not entirely realistic though, as there should be a fuel cutoff switch in a jet and not a mixture setting.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

There should be a fuel cut-off lever on the throttle quadrant. It tends to be just below the throttle.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Yes - you are right! - CTRL SHIFT F1 does shut off the fuel and the engines spool down. THANK YOU

CTRL SHIFT F4 turns the fuel back on and you can initiate start up again.

Thats great

There is no visible cue on the panels to indicate the status of the fuel switch - so you could get confused - but at least you can switch it.

Mr.Halifax Guest

For me to shutoff engines, I do ctrl+shift+F1 while FN is on that works for me

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...