what air traffic addon for FSX?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I used to use Ultimate Traffic with FS2004, now I know there's UT2007
updated for FSX, but I have to pay again full amount. I'd like to know if there's any similar traffic addon that is equal or better than UT2007....
Thanks....

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

WoAI works for FSX...give it a whirl. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

I found WOAI best of all, and its free.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

oh I missed your posts here...i just placed an order of My Traffic X last night,
40 bucks, shipped from UK..... Is it worth the money? I hope its better than WoAI......

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

nottobe wrote:

oh I missed your posts here...i just placed an order of My Traffic X last night,
40 bucks, shipped from UK..... Is it worth the money? I hope its better than WoAI......

WoAI is free...texture quality are not like the payware planes, but the flight plans are accurate (200😎 and they cover a crap load of airports.

I tried Heli Traffic 2009 and that is a FPS hog....but its cool. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

My Traffic X is OK, but as said above, WOAI covers a hell of alot of airports, and is free, and the flight plans are very accurate.

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

Guys, I really hate to show my ignorance but I Googled WOAI and all I could find was a TV station in California.

What is WOAI and where does one get it?

(Cringing)
Pete

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pdegraff wrote:

Guys, I really hate to show my ignorance but I Googled WOAI and all I could find was a TV station in California.

What is WOAI and where does one get it?

(Cringing)
Pete

http://www.world-of-ai.com/

Make sure you read the section about the AI installer. Some of the younger members tend to skip it and end up in all sorts of trouble.
With the installer the whole setup is absolutely painless 😎

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

nottobe wrote;

Well, maybe more suggestions wouldn't be appreciated, but an Ai program I've used and liked is FSX_GA_Traffic downloadable here at flyawaysimulation under https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1671/fsx-ga-traffic/

FSX_GA_Traffic might not be what you are looking for anyway, it only increases general aviation traffic using existing FSX Ai. The interface isn't for dummies, but with experimentation I limited GA flight plans to small ramps (airports) in Texas flown by "student pilot" Ai. Now TEXAS is populated by 100s of yellow cubs flying touch and go's... YA

The Problem with THAT is so much radio chatter you can't break in 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

Hmmmmm.

The link I cxlicked on for WOAI sent me to get Net framewoek 2.0 as a prerequisite to installing WOAI...

BUT BUT that (NF 2.0) will not load into my Vista Ultimate 64 bit OS.

Any suggestions?

Frustrated,
Pete

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pdegraff wrote:

Hmmmmm.

The link I cxlicked on for WOAI sent me to get Net framewoek 2.0 as a prerequisite to installing WOAI...

BUT BUT that (NF 2.0) will not load into my Vista Ultimate 64 bit OS.

Any suggestions?

Frustrated,
Pete

The latest version of the NetFramework should already be installed on your computer, it is a part of the Operating System. However, occasionally a new version of NF is realeased and it appears to update automatically. But that's beside the point in your case.

Vista is more recent than NF2.0 - in theory the newer versions of NF are backward compatible. I say in theory because some years ago I had NF2.0 and the program I wanted to install required NF1.0... it refused to recognize NF2.0. I was and am still running XP 32Bit.

I really don't know whether your 64Bit OS would be a hindrance here. I suggest you simply skip the NF request by WOAI, download their installer and just one of the aircraft packages and try to install.
I have a very strong suspicion that the WOAI team would have updated their installer if it were necessary for a 64Bit OS. If it doesn't work, that can only mean that NF is NOT backward compatible, contrary to Microsoft's claims.

If this doesn't work, there's no harm in joining the WOAI support Forums... I assume you are not the only one who runs Vista 64Bit with the same query.

BTW if you're wondering which version of NF is currently installed on your computer, look in Control Panel and Add Remove Programs (in XP)... in Vista it has a different name, I'm sure you know what I mean. Currently I have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for example.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to Windows update, let them verify you.
You will have a choice of two buttons.
Express: This gives you critical patches, ever second Tuesday of the month.
Custom: Press this and it will show you non critical patches and updates, that's where you find the newest .NET.
As a side note, never download any hardware patches or drivers from there, they are old or wrong.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I have placed the order for My Traffic X through Sim Net, but after a whole week nothing happened, the status never changes: processing!!!
I sent them emails, never got their reply......
so i had to call the credit card company to get my money back....
Sux!!!
Now I tend to choose Ultimate Traffic 2007 (i like download software), has anyone used this version?
I used UT for my FS 2004, pretty good...
any suggestion?
I know WoAI is free, but since I have invested over 1 grand on the new system, just want the best of it

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...