Justflight Traffic 2005

Hallo;

I have just installed just flight traffic 2005 for fs 2004, but i am somehow dissappointed with the program...i discovered that not all airports of the world are included, which means that you will not see AI traffic at alot of small airports which is truly dissappointing...i thaught that this program included all airports equiped with AI traffic...there seems to be a program outhere called AFCAD which can modifiy any airport to make it receive AI traffic, but i find it extremely complicated to understand.
Is there any other possiblity or program that adds AI traffic to all airports wheter small or big?...

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're dissapointed with the program you bought; but understand something about AI Traffic:

All programs that add AI traffic to an airport has to go through some steps. Perhaps the biggest problem with adding AI traffic is that not all airports in FS9 can handle AI Traffic; some do not have parking spaces defined for AI Traffic, which essentially means that after landing, the plane has nowhere to go, or, if that airport is the starting point, the AI Plane has nowhere to spawn (and will never appear).

To get around this, someone will have to manually modify that particular airport which is a very time consuming process, especially if you want to do this with any level of realism (i.e. to avoid adding B747 parkings to a local grass strip)

To realistically re-define all airports + appropriate traffic would probably take years of work for someone with a normal dayjob.

I'd advise to look carefully at the addons you buy, some will have a line in the product info saying something like "over xxx of AFCAD files modified" which is a good indicator of how many airports the addon provides traffic for.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hallo;

I have just installed just flight traffic 2005 for fs 2004, but i am somehow dissappointed with the program...i discovered that not all airports of the world are included, which means that you will not see AI traffic at alot of small airports which is truly dissappointing...i thaught that this program included all airports equiped with AI traffic...there seems to be a program outhere called AFCAD which can modifiy any airport to make it receive AI traffic, but i find it extremely complicated to understand.
Is there any other possiblity or program that adds AI traffic to all airports wheter small or big?...

Crank your traffic slide up to 100%, then it should work at all major airports, I don't think it works at airstrips or GA airports.
You will take FPS hit from the AI traffic.

Radar

Air Badger Guest

Luton Airport was a little disappointing under Traffic 2005 I thought. I used to live in Luton as a kid and I was sad to see that Vanilla FS9 has it as little more than a big field. Well... I don't think there are any actual cows in there, but still.

Anyway, "Traffic 2005" mentions something about revamping certain airports and Luton is one of them. So I was looking forward to seeing the results, but all I saw was that now the cows have some big hangers to wander in and out of. 😞

of course I might be missig the point as we Badgers are prone to do. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...