"Airplanes are designed sometimes by engineers for engi

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Article on Air France crash which raises --for me-- a lot of questions about the Airbus approach to airliner engineering.

More to learn I'm sure , but it seems as though they've engineered the pilot's chance of rescuing a flight gone bad right out of the equation.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-brazil-air-crash13-2009jun13,0,3778145.story?page=2

Here's a simple idea off the top of my head: Night vision gear for pilots. If all else fails, give the pilot a fighting chance.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

According to a great frind of mine I asked him a question about the Air France crash just this morning. He flew professionally for many years and has flown this AB also. In his opinion the crash was probalby casued by air turbulance unseen by his doppler radar. The column of air rising casued the turbulance at about 100 mph and when the AB hit it it broke up the air craft. Other this other than the engineering may be factors also. If the black boxes aren't found soon we may never know with
100 % certainty.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...